What happened to Staples access?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

Sorry know I have logged in and made an order before but it has been awhile and forgot the link/path. I can't find an Administrative Materials link on store.lds.org the link I can find is Unit Materials but it does not get me where I need to go. Can someone help? Do you need a password in addition to LDSxxxx?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I tried to order office supplies from Staples through the online store. On the Administrative Materials page, the section at the at the bottom of the page labeled "Office Supplies and Other Materials Available from Staples" is no longer there.

How is an order now placed through Staples? I tried direct access to Staples Eway but that was not possible because both a user name and password is required.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
BLusk

Post by BLusk »

I am looking for the exact same information, actually... one of the clerks from the other ward just asked me where it went, so I went a-looking, too. What's the scoop?

Brian Lusk
Far West Ward
Liberty Missouri Stake
pete.arnett

Post by pete.arnett »

It was there on Friday, p.m., 24Feb2012, we were checking on ordering networking patch cables
Thanks,
:cool:Your Fellow Member,
Pete Arnett
Sunny South Florida, USA
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Submitting feedback today is not possible

Post by jdlessley »

The Sunday flood of server issues prevent getting a feedback message sent.

I am getting a server 502 Proxy Error when I attempt to submit feedback using the LDS.org submit feedback link. Hopefully things will resolve during normal business hours on Monday.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jbuhl68

Post by jbuhl68 »

I have tried repeatedly this week to access the Unit Materials link on the online store site only to receive the following message:
The following command exception has occurred during processing: "java.lang.NumberFormatException: null".
I have access rights through my calling as ward clerk and have used this site at prior times. Suggestions?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jerry1429 wrote:I have tried repeatedly this week to access the Unit Materials link on the online store site only to receive the following message:
The following command exception has occurred during processing: "java.lang.NumberFormatException: null".
I have access rights through my calling as ward clerk and have used this site at prior times. Suggestions?
The online store is definitely having some problems. I discovered that I get that same exception when logging in, but my wife can login just fine. My guess is that those who have access to Unit Materials are the ones who get the exception.

I called the Global Service Center, and they said that they are aware of and working on the problem, and that they hope it will be up sometime tomorrow. In the meantime, you can place orders by phone.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I just checked, and the store.lds.org site seems to be working well now:
  • It's no longer in maintenance mode, as was reported in store.lds.org down?
  • Access to Staples/eWay is working again (for those with appropriate callings) -- I logged in and saw my stake's order history, and I'm confident I could place an order if I needed to.
  • The Java.NumberFormatException error no longer happens at sign-in (as reported in this post)
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jbuhl68

Post by jbuhl68 »

thanks. I am able to access eway now
packjed

Re: What happened to Staples access?

Post by packjed »

I clicked the staples link at store.lds.org. It takes me to a staples advantage website that asks for a customer ID, a user ID, and a password. I tried entering LDSxxxxxxx (my unit number) for either of the IDs, but was not able to log in. Anyone had a similar experience or a solution?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”