Building Scheduling

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
BruceClayton

Building Scheduling

Post by BruceClayton »

When our building schedulers try to schedule an event on the ward calendar in the location sections the locations that we have setup don't show up on the list. The only thing that shows up is "No Location" or "Other Location". Does anyone know how to solve this?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

If the locations don't appear, that means that you need to ask a stake calendar administrator to check the box for "This location can be scheduled by Wards and Stakes", as described in the help system under Setting up locations.

[Moderator Note: I moved this thread from Help with LDSTech to the Calendar forum.]
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
BruceClayton

Post by BruceClayton »

Thanks. I checked this box the other day and must not have saved it.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bruceclayton wrote:When our building schedulers try to schedule an event on the ward calendar

What do you mean by this? Building schedulers have no ability to add events to a ward calendar. A person serving as a building scheduler could be granted separate access to one or more of their own ward's calendars, but that has nothing to do with their role as a building scheduler.

Or are you using the term "Building scheduler" when you really mean "calendar editor" or "calendar administrator"?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
BruceClayton

Post by BruceClayton »

You are correct, I'm the calendar administrator. I'm still getting used to the terminology. Thank you for your help and the link to the support site. I'll pass this on.

Return to “Calendar”