Feature: Add post on update to Calendar

The Newsletter application will eventually appear alongside Calendar, Directory, and Maps
sharpep

Feature: Add post on update to Calendar

Post by sharpep »

I appreciate this application is very new, but maybe you can add to your roadmap and integration with the calendar application, that would automatically post a message if a calendar event is added, deleted or updated.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sharpep wrote:I appreciate this application is very new, but maybe you can add to your roadmap and integration with the calendar application, that would automatically post a message if a calendar event is added, deleted or updated.
While I can see some possible benefits of this suggestion, it seems to me that it would flood the Newsletter article list with dozens or even hundreds of relatively unimportant articles, which would make it harder to find the truly valuable Newsletter articles. So I would not like such a feature at all.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

I agree don't need auto info added to the newsletter. the calendar already send e-mails when a change is made so it would be redundant to add to the newsletter.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Please DO offer iintegration between the calendar and the newletter

Post by kisaac »

sharpep wrote:I appreciate this application is very new, but maybe you can add to your roadmap and integration with the calendar application....
I'm not sure this is what you mean, but I'd like some integration with the calendar, as well. The two could be very complimentary, considering the calendar has the current limitations of no text formatting for long entries, no hyperlink ability, and no attachments. For example:
  • A calendar item for a ward father and sons, girls camp or scouting event can "link" or otherwise be tied to the newsletter tool for the full details. The newsletter article can have the parental permission slip, packing list, schedule of events, and the automobile map.
  • A calendar item for the stake canning service project assignment. The newsletter can have the separate ward patron assignments, the time schedule, the map and the patron information and description of the work involved.
I realize in your calendar post you could say "go find my article in the newsletter tool, under the primary (or whatever) tab," but as the articles grow, it will be harder to find and take more than the 2.5 seconds people want it to take to get the information they need. If the information is there, make it quick and easy! Some kind of link ability from calendar to newsletter would be great.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

sharpep wrote:I appreciate this application is very new, but maybe you can add to your roadmap and integration with the calendar application, that would automatically post a message if a calendar event is added, deleted or updated.
You can already do this with the email feature on the calendar. I have successfully done it before.

Return to “Beta Newsletter”