I cannot delete a unit from a building location

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jburden

I cannot delete a unit from a building location

Post by jburden »

I am trying to correct the list of locations for the Ririe Idaho Stake so that we can use the calendar to schedule the buildings in the stake. For the Ririe Idaho Stake Center location it will not let me delete the Ririe 3rd Ward, which no longer meets in this building. I get the error message, "Sorry, data is temporarily not available for this location. Please try again later." I have received this message for about a week.

Also, the "Ririe Idaho Stake" shows up as a unit using this location for every building in the stake. It will allow me to delete the "Ririe Idaho Stake", but the next time I login it is back in each location. So my question is, should the "Ririe Idaho Stake" show up under each location and if so will that allow any member of the stake to shedule that building?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think you'll find that any calender editor can schedule any building in the stake - even if the ward hasn't been added to that location.

See Are Calendar Editors Restricted from Scheduling Events to Just Their Building

But it does sound like you have a problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jburden

Post by jburden »

Ok, I followed the link you sent and I see that I must have been reading old information that indicated that to schedule an event the unit had to be assigned to that location. However, I can tell you that our Stake President doesn't want wards that don't meet in the building to be able to schedule events without going throught the building scheduler for that building. So is the only alternative to have the building scheduler reserve every day for a particular ward in the building?

So to my problem deleting the Ririe 3rd Ward, how can I get the problem solved?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jburden wrote:So is the only alternative to have the building scheduler reserve every day for a particular ward in the building?
That will work as long as there's only one ward in the building as you can't reserve for more then one unit at a time. At that point your only hope is someone with a big ruler to rap some knuckles.
jburden wrote:So to my problem deleting the Ririe 3rd Ward, how can I get the problem solved?
You could try calling Local Unit Support, or hope that a friendly neighborhood developer comes by.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”