Webcast Software Crashing when selecting different Profile

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
johnshaw

Webcast Software Crashing when selecting different Profile

Post by johnshaw »

I'm getting ready to use the Software for the first time, after having used the webcast communicator multiple times. I have it installed on Windows 7, can broadcast just fine, everything is working with the default config. However, when I attempt to change the Profile to a different Preset (Resolution / bandwidth requirements) the software is crashing every time. It is acting like a permissions issue, but I don't know. Is this a commonly known issue that can be solved?
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I've had this happen with certain A/V capture devices. Please describe for us the hardware configuration you are using.

Thanks.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

Re installing the software fixed my issue.. sorry... I'm using the Roxio Easy VHS to DVD capture device. But i'm good now, I talked to SLC and that was their first suggestion, and it was a good one.
ksolsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by ksolsen »

Sometimes it also helps to just delete the job file that is created by Microsoft Expression. This file contains information about the peripherals (camera, audio) that you have previously selected. We have seen some instability related to the job file; unfortunately, this is an Expression issue over which we have no control.

If you delete the job file, it's easy to re-create - just go through the process of choosing devices once you start up Meetinghouse Webcast Software after having deleted it. Here is how you do it:

-Open Windows Explorer, click on Organize/Folder and Search Options/View, and make sure that "Show hidden files, folder and drives" is checked on.
-Go to file location: C:\users\{your username}\AppData\Local\Meetinghouse Webcast
-File should be named Broadcast.job.xej
- Delete it, then start Meetinghouse Webcast Software and re-select your devices.
Kurt Olsen - Product Manager at Church HQ for Digital Presentation (Personal Video Conferencing, Meetinghouse Webcast, Conference Rooms, Video Conference Endpoints, Meetinghouse Digital Content)

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”