Missed thread?

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
srweight

Missed thread?

Post by srweight »

tomw wrote:I recently posted an article here in our work section talking about this cool project that a team of engineers have been working on. We would like your feedback. Tell us what you think.

Tom

While checking "New Posts" and going to unread threads I happened across this thread and was taken to the bottom of it - But I think I have never see the rest of it - I think so at least - I am not sure. The thread has been moved and I am wondering in the "Pointer" or what ever it might be called for what I have read and not is correct. Is this a bug or bad memory?

Thanks
Shirl
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

srweight wrote:While checking "New Posts" and going to unread threads I happened across this thread and was taken to the bottom of it - But I think I have never see the rest of it - I think so at least - I am not sure. The thread has been moved and I am wondering in the "Pointer" or what ever it might be called for what I have read and not is correct. Is this a bug or bad memory?

Thanks
Shirl
I'm not seeing a problem. Anyone else notice a problem?

Tom
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

srweight wrote:While checking "New Posts" and going to unread threads I happened across this thread and was taken to the bottom of it - But I think I have never see the rest of it - I think so at least - I am not sure.
You might want to take note of the dates in this thread. Until novasam's post, this thread has been inactive since July 13th.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

I have to agree with Russell, there have been a few threads that new members bring to the top because they have something new to say, yet that thread has not been active for months.
- David
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

I guess his question was why he never saw the thread as a "New Post" before somebody brought it back up to the top.

Perhaps the software only shows new posts from one point onward? It may not be retroactive for all posts previous to your first viewing?
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

If it is like most BB's all the posts like a month before you join are new posts and before that are old posts so you'd never see it. Thus the search function is very important.
- David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mkmurray wrote:I guess his question was why he never saw the thread as a "New Post" before somebody brought it back up to the top.
That's what I understood. I had the same experience - but when checking the dates I assumed I had just forgotten about it. I have trouble remembering what I ate for lunch. :rolleyes:

Note too, the person asking joined the board only the day before the last post - so he would have been swamped going though all the posts to date.

Not that we can't rule out a problem (perhaps in a board reorganization?) , it just seems like there's been a lot of opportunity to have simply forgotten.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Also in going around and cleaning up threads as best I can with little time I can, he might catch the thread just as I move all the posts to a new thread and thus miss it, although I do not think I have modified this thread.

Speaking of which I might just get around to moving this thread as it has moved off the topic of DNX and move it into Moderator Training.
- David
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

thedqs wrote:Speaking of which I might just get around to moving this thread as it has moved off the topic of DNX and move it into Moderator Training.
I went ahead and moved it to the Technology Web Site. I thought it best to be where others could see it in case they had comments rather then put it in a moderator only area.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

RussellHltn wrote:I went ahead and moved it to the Technology Web Site. I thought it best to be where others could see it in case they had comments rather then put it in a moderator only area.

Perfectly fine and good idea in still making it publicly viewable.
- David

Return to “Help with this forum”