Request Membership Name Removal from Church Records Access

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
dstorry

Request Membership Name Removal from Church Records Access

Post by dstorry »

Does anybody know if they system is planning to allow Ward clerks to submit request for name removal from church records on LDS.org so it can go electronically to Bishop then forward to Stake?

I have been given letter by Bishop asking me to do this online only problem the system does not give me that option.

I am the Ward clerk with a second calling as Stake Asst Clerk could it be because the 2 callings are overlapping?

If this is not the case maybe somebody can advise me best way to deal with this short of Bishop doing the clerk work or me doing old paper way?.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

According to the access chart only the Bishop has access to Name Removals at the ward level.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

dstorry wrote:Does anybody know if they system is planning to allow Ward clerks to submit request for name removal from church records on LDS.org so it can go electronically to Bishop then forward to Stake?

I believe this is a case where the bishop still has to be the clerk if the on-line system is going to be used. At least for the present. I think whether he uses MLS or LDS.org he still needs to print it out to get it to the stake. I am not sure about the online site. Although it is my responsibility to help the bishops technically, I have no access, so they are on their own.
howardmay

Post by howardmay »

I have used the the online system. As a Bishop, you do not need to print it out. You scan copies of letters and upload them. Once submitted the stake president has access to it and once he sends it on it is dealt with very quickly.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

howardmay wrote:I have used the the online system. As a Bishop, you do not need to print it out. You scan copies of letters and upload them. Once submitted the stake president has access to it and once he sends it on it is dealt with very quickly.

Well, I think that is better than the MLS print it out system, or the paper method, even if the bishop is the one who has to do it. Although it would be nice if he could designate a trusted clerk to assist him, similar to the method used in the online missionary recommendation system.

Return to “Membership Help”