easy sharing between common 3rd hour adult groups: EQ, HP, RS

Beta Lesson Schedules Website feedback
gaijin

easy sharing between common 3rd hour adult groups: EQ, HP, RS

Post by gaijin »

When I manage a lesson schedule for either the elders quorum, high priest group or the relief society for the 2nd, 3rd or 4th weeks, I should have the option to make it uniform with the other 2. These are supposed to be the same topics. The teachers will be different most of the time, but please don't make us put the same data in 3 times for 3/4 of the weeks.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

You have the freedom to create/name/use whatever classes you want. If you want to rename one class as 'Priesthood/RS' and only use that class for all three groups, that's just fine. It might be less relevant as a specific group might need to change its schedule for one reason or another, but it's certainly do-able.
gaijin

Post by gaijin »

If I combine them as RS/EQ/HP, then I lose the freedom of the 1st week and the instructors which will usually be different. I envisioned a button next to the 2-4 weeks on any of the EQ/RS/HP schedules that would allow me to copy Lesson Topic to the other two adult groups.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

I see what you're getting at. This is a good idea. Unfortunately, applying it to this application opens up a lot of implications that are not readily apparent. I'll put it on the back log, but it may not be considered for implementation, at least in the short term.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jdcr256 wrote:I see what you're getting at. This is a good idea. Unfortunately, applying it to this application opens up a lot of implications that are not readily apparent. I'll put it on the back log, but it may not be considered for implementation, at least in the short term.

What about the simple ability to create a class based on another class (a clone or copy operation)? In this case, the user could setup one of the classes, copy it to the other two and then edit the parts that are different (teachers, 1st Sundays, etc). Assuming there wasn't a permanent link between the classes, it seems like that wouldn't be so complicated. The user interface shouldn't be at least. But maybe there are backend issues that make a clone operation tricky.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

eblood66 wrote:What about the simple ability to create a class based on another class (a clone or copy operation)? In this case, the user could setup one of the classes, copy it to the other two and then edit the parts that are different (teachers, 1st Sundays, etc). Assuming there wasn't a permanent link between the classes, it seems like that wouldn't be so complicated. The user interface shouldn't be at least. But maybe there are backend issues that make a clone operation tricky.

That would be a lot simpler, I'll add that suggestion to the original back log item I created above.

Return to “Beta Lesson Schedules”