Spanish Videos on lds.org

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
rickk

Spanish Videos on lds.org

Post by rickk »

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but none of the other topics seem to fit...

We have a branch conference for our Spanish branch this coming Sunday and we want to present information about using the scriptures. I came across the videos on this page - http://www.lds.org/santabiblia/video_sp.html - and remember watching them between sessions of conference a few years back, and they might be something that would work. The problem is that none of the videos will actually play. I have the latest flash player installed and the preview image is there, but when I hit play, it goes to a black screen and nothing happens. I also don't see much activity on my internet connection, so I don't think the video is even trying to download. I hit the feedback button on the page, but it gives me an error about being out of date or no longer available.

Are these videos available somewhere else that is working? I don't see anything in Spanish on the media library and I couldn't find them on youtube. Can anyone else play them and if so, what computer/browser/flash setup are you using to do so?

Thanks,
Rick
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

rickk wrote:I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but none of the other topics seem to fit...
The LDSTech Forum is a good place, but I did move this thread from the Other Technologies section to the LDS.ORG Web Site section; that seems to be a better fit.
rickk wrote:I came across the videos on this page - http://www.lds.org/santabiblia/video_sp.html ... The problem is that none of the videos will actually play. I have the latest flash player installed and the preview image is there, but when I hit play, it goes to a black screen and nothing happens. I also don't see much activity on my internet connection, so I don't think the video is even trying to download.

That's my experience, too -- I can play all sorts of videos on lds.org, but not the ones on this page.
rickk wrote:I hit the feedback button on the page, but it gives me an error about being out of date or no longer available.

It's not like you were looking at a page that is obsolete; from the main Spanish Scriptures page, there is a prominent link to that very page. But I think you can use the Feedback link on the Spanish Scriptures page to report this issue.
rickk wrote:Are these videos available somewhere else that is working? I don't see anything in Spanish on the media library and I couldn't find them on youtube. Can anyone else play them and if so, what computer/browser/flash setup are you using to do so?
I can't find those videos anywhere else, and I can't figure out any way to play them. It looks to me like the problem is on the server.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
rickk

Post by rickk »

Thanks. I did submit feedback on the main lds.org page and got a canned "thank you for pointing out the broken link" response. There was no reply about whether the videos are available elsewhere, so hopefully they will fix the link before this weekend.
barkeraj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by barkeraj »

I have sent an email to the team over our videos to see if these can be fixed or if they live elsewhere.
Aaron Barker
Front-end Development Lead for LDS.org (content portions, not apps) and Ward Executive Secretary.

Return to “Main Church Website”