Online Disciplinary Council Recording

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
cjspalace

Online Disciplinary Council Recording

Post by cjspalace »

Does anyone know if there has been any trainning developed that I could use to train the Ward Bishop's & Clerks with ?
rbeede

Post by rbeede »

The online training titled "Information Security Awareness" (http://broadcast2.lds.org/eLearning/ics ... layer.html) outlines that e-mail should not be used for sending confidential and private information such as discipline council details.

No specific videos I could find on the Leader section of the lds.org website. I would think that Handbook 1 is the best training reference really. See also Handbook 2 section 21.1.26 for guidance with disciplinary councils and members with disabilities.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The online council recording basically follows the paper form you can print from MLS. If you use that form as you prepare for a disciplinary council you will be able to take the notes you need to fill out the form online.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

JonesRK wrote:The online council recording basically follows the paper form you can print from MLS. If you use that form as you prepare for a disciplinary council you will be able to take the notes you need to fill out the form online.

I am a stake clerk and recently had an opportunity to use the online formfor the first time. Since the disciplinarycouncil forms became available in MLS, I have always printed out a copy andused it as a guide in note taking. AsRyan noted, it provides you most everything you need to complete the onlineform. To complete the online form, inaddition to your notes, you’ll need the text of the notification letter sent tothe member following the council.
JLR
TullisDA

Post by TullisDA »

There was a problem with Clerk Resources on LDS.org that prevented priesthood leaders or clerks being able to fill out or complete Confidential Records disciplinary council submissions online at Clerk Resources on LDS.org.

The cause of the problem was identified. The fix required repopulating parent unit data within the Clerk Resources database. The problem was to be fixed by March 5, but I haven't seen whether it was completed.
Instructional Designer/Writer
Finance and Records Department
TullisDA

Post by TullisDA »

The problem with the disciplinary council document submission online has been fixed.
Instructional Designer/Writer
Finance and Records Department
Miknmaur

Post by Miknmaur »

If the decision of a council is no action do I still need to record the council? That is not one of the decision choices on the menu.
rivasj01

Post by rivasj01 »

Miknmaur wrote:If the decision of a council is no action do I still need to record the council? That is not one of the decision choices on the menu.
I believe that the form is required as a record of the Disciplinary Council's and its Decision
rivasj01

Disciplinary Council's Decision Letter boiler plate or template?

Post by rivasj01 »

Does anyone have a boiler-plate or template for A Disciplinary Council's Decision Letter ?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

rivasj01 wrote:I believe that the form is required as a record of the Disciplinary Council's and its Decision
According to the instructions on the printed version of the Report of Church Disciplinary Council it is only filled out when the decision is disfellowshipment, excommunication, reinstatement, readmission or formal probation. So it isn't used when there is no action. I would assume the same it true for the online version especially since there is no option for no action.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”