Dangerously low on deposit slips

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jared007

Dangerously low on deposit slips

Post by jared007 »

My ward is very near the end of the deposit book (the pink, yellow, white thing) used for tithing each week. I was never really trained in the calling on the different things to do so I've sort of learned as I go. What is the procedure for ordering more deposit slips? Who do I talk to? Any help with this would be appreciated.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jared007 wrote:What is the procedure for ordering more deposit slips?

You can order them by calling Local Unit Support (the voice menu will lead you to an option that mentions ordering checks or deposit slips), or by sending an MLS message requesting new deposit slips.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
ecotim

Post by ecotim »

Next time keep the deposit books in order. Maybe the last one was used out of turn. The last book has the form to reorder new ones. This was not in the training for finace clerks, but as I went through all the stuff that was used saw that the last book has that, once I reached for that book, when we still had two others. So I placed it at the bottom to make sure it was not used out of order.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

In the UK we have to order via the Local Unit Support office. We are specifically told not use any order forms found in the deposit books. This also applies to cheque books.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

When we started our last Deposit Book, I sent a Finance message through MLS requesting guidance. They replied that my order was submitted based on my message. This was for the US so your situation may differ, but it is much more convenient for me to use the MLS message function rather than a telephone call because I am not usually in a position to call during their normal hours (even their extended hours are a problem for me).

My method is below in case it helps:
I keep the last set of everything in a separate location in our locked Filing Cabinet (Temple Recommend Books, Deposit Book, Deposit bags, Storehouse Order forms) that way, when I have to go get the last one, it is a signal that it's time to order more and I have time to do so without stress. We even keep a couple of bags of Sacrament cups in the Clerk's Office Cupboard just in case the last ones are used and they fail to notify me to order more (until Sunday morning when there are none!).

Return to “Local Unit Finance”