LDSToolbar.com

Do you have a useful link that involves the Church and the technology discussed on this site? Post your links and resources here.
Stephan-p40

LDSToolbar.com

Post by Stephan-p40 »

It has been a while since I was on here but I have been busy.

About 1 year ago I bought the domain LDSToolbar.com with the vision to create a toolbar for IE and FF packed with links and features relating to the Church.

The Toolbar is pretty much ready. It needs only tidying up. My main work is currently on the website which still needs loads of work.

I would be greatful if you guys can have a go at the Toolbar and see what works and what doesn't.

Any Feedback would be great.

Stephan

PS The Installation Button is at the Top Right Corner.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Stephan wrote:It has been a while since I was on here but I have been busy.

About 1 year ago I bought the domain LDSToolbar.com with the vision to create a toolbar for IE and FF packed with links and features relating to the Church.

The Toolbar is pretty much ready. It needs only tidying up. My main work is currently on the website which still needs loads of work.

I would be greatful if you guys can have a go at the Toolbar and see what works and what doesn't.

Any Feedback would be great.

Stephan

PS The Installation Button is at the Top Right Corner.
Great app. Here are my comments:
  • Why when I installed it, did I get a media player widget in the toolbar that played NPR stations?
  • Explain the "messages" section.
  • Can you move or copy "LDS Tech" from communities to "Official" web sites? :)
Keep up the awesome work!

Tom
Stephan-p40

Post by Stephan-p40 »

The radio is a plugin. I will have BYU Radio on there. I haven't finished it yet completely

I will move it to the official websites no problem

The messages is something cool. I can send messages to the toolbar. That is basically a rss feed. But people can just delete messages.

So for example If I add new websites or a new feature (I have a few up my sleeve) I can send messages to everyone pointing this out

Hope this helps
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

And BYURadio has three feeds now, English vocal/instrumental/talk (main BYURadio station), Spanish/Portuguese (BYURadio International) and an all-instrumental stream (BYURadio Instrumental). Got all those?
Stephan-p40

Post by Stephan-p40 »

Yeah just need to put them in now.

Also if anyone has got any links that are still missing or any suggestion for new categories please let me know
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

Stephan wrote: The messages is something cool. I can send messages to the toolbar. That is basically a rss feed. But people can just delete messages.

So for example If I add new websites or a new feature (I have a few up my sleeve) I can send messages to everyone pointing this out

Hope this helps
That is a cool feature! Nice work.

Tom
Stephan-p40

Post by Stephan-p40 »

Yes so I can remind everyone to do their home and visiting teaching 1 week before the end of the month.

hehe
Stephan-p40

Post by Stephan-p40 »

Just thought I let you know that the toolbar is officially live for 2 weeks. Since then I have over 100 installs and the daily number of installations is growing daily.

Thanks for everyone that is using it. If you have anything that I could add or improve let me know.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

The toolbar is VERY cool and is much improved since my first visit. It now has a permanent spot in firefox for me! Nice work!

Tom
McDanielCA

Post by McDanielCA »

I especially like the RSS feeds. It would be super cool if our RSS feed was in there too :)

Return to “Links & Resources”