New Apps for iPad!

zaneclark

New Apps for iPad!

Post by zaneclark »

I want to thank those responsible for developing the latest church apps for the iPad, the Bible Videos and the Ensign. The videos are well done and easy to access. The Ensign is outstanding! I hope this is the beginning of many more interactive issues of church publications.
andrewdentonexon

LDS Ensign (APP)

Post by andrewdentonexon »

The LDS Ensign App is excellent and I love it. My only concern is that one Ensign download was almost half a gig. I would love to be able to have all the Ensigns in this format from 1972 if possible, however with the size of one Ensign I wouldn't be able to fit them all in.

Has the church thought about using the cloud much for this like it has with Lds.org, for example our study notebook (which is totally awesome...and talk about an easy way through personal study, especially by topic (as suggested by Elder Bednar) to prepare for talks or lessons)?

I assume their would be a sufficient cost, not sure what it would be, but if it was possible to have the LDS Ensign linked through a Cloud, then that would be great.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

andrewdentonexon wrote:The LDS Ensign App is excellent and I love it. My only concern is that one Ensign download was almost half a gig. I would love to be able to have all the Ensigns in this format from 1972 if possible, however with the size of one Ensign I wouldn't be able to fit them all in.

I think you're comparing apples to oranges. The app you're referring to is interactive - it contains much more then the printed version. I seriously doubt the church will go back and make older issues interactive, so they won't be as large.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Mobile Applications”