Printing in Year View Not Working Properly

Beta Lesson Schedules Website feedback
howardmay

Printing in Year View Not Working Properly

Post by howardmay »

If you click on view year for a class and then click on print, it only prints the left side of the schedule.

This means every other month is missing from the printed version
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

I'd be interested in hearing more experiences with printing. This is just a browser print for now, which means that we just hand the page to the browser, and the browser takes care of the formatting etc. based on the html. As opposed to the PDF printing we use in Directory and Calendar, where we create and format a PDF document that can then be printed.

In other words, your browser should be printing the page as it is displayed in the browser.

When I try this with the printers I have available, it seems to be working fine. I'd like to know if a lot of people are having issues with printing, or if playing around with the print settings in your browser give you different results.

If we find consistent problems, or a repeatable scenario, we can look further to see if there is a bug here.
howardmay

Post by howardmay »

So far I have seen this problem in IE8.

With IE9 it works ok. I checked IE9 and when you select shrink to fit in print preview it displays correctly but when set at 100% it shows what prints with IE8. With IE8 shrink to fit did not change anything.

It works fine for firefox
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Thanks, that's good info. I'll see if there is something we can do to tell IE8/9 the right way to print it.

Return to “Beta Lesson Schedules”