Approved lesson manuals

Beta Lesson Schedules Website feedback
b_woolf

Approved lesson manuals

Post by b_woolf »

Could Daughters in My Kingdom please be added to the list? This book has been approved for use in teaching Relief Society lessons, particularly the Presidency's lessons.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

Agreed. Please do this! Thank you! :)
jbh001

Post by jbh001 »

It shows up in the iOS Gospel Library app for the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.

To add this from the iOS Gospel Library app, tap the home icon, tap Manage Library, tap Manuals, tap Relief Society, and then tap Daughters in My Kingdom.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

jbh001 wrote:It shows up in the iOS Gospel Library app for the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch.
Yes, but we need it in the Lesson Scheduler to select as an option for curriculum.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

I also agree on this.

It appears that the publication of this and its subsequent release date was not known at the time the deadline came to have the 'Instructions on Curriculum for 2012' was sent to the printers and subsequently mailed out, so it does not appear there at present, but easily may be included in the next one, and in other places where Church and home curriculum would appear, such as the above document and other related pages, and updated printed matter.

I'm waiting to get on (contacted my bishop about admin rights), and another question I have is, is 'Duties and Blessings of the Priesthood' available (same for similar manuals for women and children) to schedule a lesson that would use a chapter from those, on the scheduler when it comes to fully-established areas that use the full curriculum?
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

We pull the manuals directly from lds.org using a web service that the lds.org team built for us. I'm looking into how the manuals are selected for inclusion in that web service. I'll get back to you.

The catch is that classes that use these manuals typically use multiple manuals, which isn't yet supported by the scheduler. It is a top feature on our roadmap though. For now you'd have to choose which manual to make your primary manual, and then add custom lessons (which wouldn't show up as links) for the other manual.
JamesAnderson

Post by JamesAnderson »

Is this because most classes go by which manual is in use for which year, such as Sunday School Gospel Doctrine, YM/YW, and Primary, and that Priesthood/RS uses a different manual every year or two?

Also, being able to choose a lesson from 'Teachings of Presidents of the Church' for First Sunday instruction as a base for the instruction might not be a bad idea. For a Fourth Sunday once, I pulled one such lesson as part of the material I was going to use that day since the topic was very similar and the particular volume had material very closely associated with that President of the Church on that very subject. This was a couple years before they went to current conference issues for lesson material.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

jdcr256 wrote:The catch is that classes that use these manuals typically use multiple manuals, which isn't yet supported by the scheduler. It is a top feature on our roadmap though.

Hooray! :D

Return to “Beta Lesson Schedules”