YSA Wards Compatibility

Beta testing of maps.lds.org
ggconrad

YSA Wards Compatibility

Post by ggconrad »

I am in a YSA ward and have been noticing that the system, though awesome, lacks necessary features when it comes to use by Singles Wards. The first and biggest issue is that we need to be able to see place markers for our out-of-unit members. Since it is a Singles Ward, our Bishop and his two councilors (and now Ward Clerk... we're rather small) are out-of-unit, as their actual records exist in whatever family ward they originate in. I know that technically I could pull up their locations if I select their own wards, but in order to do that, I would have to know which ward they came from. And while I'm the membership clerk and know such things, the average member of a singles ward very well might not know that information. Technically I could also select the new map that allows you to see locations for everyone in the stake, but that method makes the data very busy very quickly, and what we really need is to see where the bishop lives in reference to the (actual) members of our ward, not in reference to some "random" member of our stake. Viewing their location on our ward map is even more critical because we have numerous activities at their homes, namely Home Evening and Ward Council. Their out-of-unit membership is already viewable on MLS, CDOL, and Directory; surely this would mean that theirs some way of making them visible on Maps. Your consideration would be greatly appreciated in regard to the single member units of the church. Thank you for all you do already.
ggconrad

Post by ggconrad »

It's me again. My last post was a little bit long so I thought I'd start a new one to make the two requests more distinguishable from each other. That being said, another Maps feature that is much needed in our singles ward is the ability to see the boundaries of all of the home wards within our singles ward's (same as the stake's) boundaries at once. Why? As part of the Rescue, our stake president has organized our ward into separate Home Evening groups, so that we can more easily focus on the "lost sheep" in our fold that need rescuing. Organizing the groups along the same boundaries as the home wards enables those groups to work more in tandem with those home wards, who know the needs of those less active whose membership still resides in their wards. Being able to select an option to view home ward boundaries in the Boundaries section on the Map Layers button would greatly help out me (as membership clerk and website administrator), but more importantly, all those called in our ward as Home Evening Group Leaders, in carrying the duties associated with our stewardships. Again, your consideration would be greatly appreciated in this regard to the single member units of the church. (I'm pretty sure we're not the only singles ward in the church undertaking such an endeavor.) Thank you for all you do so well already.

Return to “Beta Maps”