Automatic Fill-in of Username and Password

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
lesueur926

Automatic Fill-in of Username and Password

Post by lesueur926 »

Until the last update, when I signed in and typed the first letter of my username, a box appeared with my full username. I clicked on it, then hit tab and the password was automatically filled in. But now I have to type the entire username and password each time. Is that a feature of LDS.org or of my own computer? And if it is my computer, can someone explain to me how to change it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's a feature of your browser. What browser/version are you using? I don't personally use that feature much, but I'm sure someone knows.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lesueur926

Post by lesueur926 »

RussellHltn wrote:It's a feature of your browser. What browser/version are you using? I don't personally use that feature much, but I'm sure someone knows.

I am using Internet Explorer 9.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lesueur926 wrote:I am using Internet Explorer 9.
For IE9, the feature is called AutoComplete, and is configured using the Content tab under Tools > Internet Options. Click the Settings button in the AutoComplete section.

The relevant check boxes are "User names and passwords on forms" and "Ask me before saving passwords". In my testing, it appears that you have to have "Ask me before saving passwords" checked in order to have it actually save user names and passwords, even if you have checked the "User names and passwords on forms" option.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”