Exclude Birth Dates from "Members Without Callings" report

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
bfrancom

Exclude Birth Dates from "Members Without Callings" report

Post by bfrancom »

Is there a CSV export so I can massage the data? I need to remove birth dates so I can send this report to leaders via e-mail.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

A technique I have used in such situations is to do the following (on Windows):
  1. Select all the text in the report (from the beginning of the first row to the end of the last row).
  2. Copy to the clipboard (Ctrl+C)
  3. Paste the text into Notepad
  4. Copy all the text you just pasted
  5. Paste that text into Excel
  6. Remove whatever columns you don't want.
If you try to paste directly in Excel without going through Notepad, the text won't paste into columns like you want.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

aebrown wrote:If you try to paste directly in Excel without going through Notepad, the text won't paste into columns like you want.
You can paste directly into Excel if you use Paste Special and then Unicode Text. (tested copying from Firefox)
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

Many of the screens have the option to hide the age. I'll log a feature request to add the option to hide the birth date as well. It seems like you would frequently want to hide the birth date along with the age.
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org
bfrancom

Post by bfrancom »

aebrown wrote:A technique I have used in such situations is to do the following (on Windows):
  1. Select all the text in the report (from the beginning of the first row to the end of the last row).
  2. Copy to the clipboard (Ctrl+C)
  3. Paste the text into Notepad
  4. Copy all the text you just pasted
  5. Paste that text into Excel
  6. Remove whatever columns you don't want.
If you try to paste directly in Excel without going through Notepad, the text won't paste into columns like you want.

I'm running Linux. I got it figured out though in a similar fashion. I even tried this before the initial post, but the problem is that it is hard to select starting with the "name" column header (at least in FF or Chrome on Linux) down to the bottom.

Instead, I had to select from the bottom of the report to the top. Then copied & pasted into Leafpad. Finally, copied and pasted into LibreOffice calc,
Then I was able to modify, export as PDF & then send to Ward Council members.

Thanks,
-Ben

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”