Updating finance - 20 minutes and counting

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
aclawson

Updating finance - 20 minutes and counting

Post by aclawson »

After hitting send/receive the 'Progress' window is still up showing the "updating finance..." window with the bar that has the wave of color pass from left to right 20 minutes later. Several membership updates were downloaded and have already printed as part of this send/receive. Anything special coming down today? Any suggestions on whether or not I need to do something?

Audit is scheduled for later today to make things more interesting.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

The problem was that java hung. I didn't have a choice other than to kill java from task manager (which closed MLS). MLS opened back up, several send/receives went through without a problem and no indication of any problems.

The audit can now proceed as planned.
dajoker

Post by dajoker »

I've seen the same thing intermittently, and one time it happened with three consecutive dialog boxes (all during the same send/receive). In my case the 'X' in the corner of that dialog box has made that go away happily, vs. forcefully killing MLS (yikes!). Hopefully that will help you (or others in the future.

AB

Return to “Local Unit Finance”