Event Details in "Preview"

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
AileneRHerrick

Event Details in "Preview"

Post by AileneRHerrick »

I apologize if this idea has already been mentioned before!

It would be convenient to have event details (or at least a certain number of characters of the detail information with a "Read More" link) on the calendar available in the "preview" that pops up when you mouse over the event.

As of right now, I have to click on the event to see if there is more information about that event. Sometimes there is more information, sometimes there isn't. It'd be nice to mouse over to see, instead of clicking on each event.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

AileneRHerrick wrote:I apologize if this idea has already been mentioned before!

It was suggested in the thread New Calendar Request, but nothing happened with that request (which was made over a year ago). I do like the idea!
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

aebrown wrote:It was suggested in the thread New Calendar Request, but nothing happened with that request (which was made over a year ago). I do like the idea!
Oh yes, it is there. Thanks. :)

Although after visiting the calendar again, I am now realizing that I need to backpedal what I said and clarify!

What currently happens:
When you mouse over, the full name of the event and time pop up.

When you click on the event: A pop-up "preview" appears on the calendar with selected information, like date, time, etc...

If you want to view the "description" which offers more details, then you have to click on the link to see that.

What I would love to happen: :)
In that pop-up preview, have the description (or part of it) show up as well. Then I'll know if there's more details to read under the description before clicking and going to a separate page.

So basically, I'd like to know if there's additional details in the "description" field before leaving the page. I don't mind clicking on the event to see the pop-up, I just don't want to leave the page to find out that there is no more information! :)

Phew, I hope that makes more sense! :)
blarman

Post by blarman »

Yes. It would be really nice to have the Event Description show up on the popup that appears when clicking on an event. As far as I can tell, the description is only available to the person creating the event. We would like to be able to use the description especially for Training events to give more clarification regarding who is to attend, or for youth events for the same reason.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

blarman wrote:As far as I can tell, the description is only available to the person creating the event. We would like to be able to use the description especially for Training events to give more clarification regarding who is to attend, or for youth events for the same reason.

Actually, the description is available to any subscriber to the calendar the event is on. When you click on the event, a popup appears with the title, date/time, location, and rooms. Then there is a link labeled "View event details & location"; when you click on that link, you'll see all the details, including the description.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”