Members showing up in MLS but not on lds.org/leader

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
nathangg

Members showing up in MLS but not on lds.org/leader

Post by nathangg »

There are currently two families in our ward where only ONE member of the family shows up on https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/records/mem ... l?lang=eng (and also the "Member Lookup" search box) but their WHOLE family shows up in MLS.

I've tried a "Send/Receive" in MLS but nothing changes on lds.org/leader.

It has been this way for at least 4 weeks.

(Another place where we see the problem is on lds.org/directory . Both of these families have one member in the online directory, which isn't correct... one family is father, mother, and two sons (only the father is showing up online), the other family is husband and wife (only the wife shows up online)).

Any ideas on how to fix this? (Again, MLS is fine, it is the online stuff that is wonky).

Thanks~!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Generally, it's the online display that accurately reflects the status of the membership records at CHQ. MLS may or may not match that in some cases. So although you may think that MLS is showing what you would like, I would suspect that MLS is wrong in the sense that it is not accurately showing where the records are actually located according to CHQ, which has of course the official record of where membership records reside.

To make sure MLS matches CHQ records, do a Unit data refresh. Then if that doesn't match where the records should be, you can request records or move records out. That should put you back in sync with CHQ.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

aebrown wrote: To make sure MLS matches CHQ records, do a Unit data refresh. Then if that doesn't match where the records should be, you can request records or move records out. That should put you back in sync with CHQ.
We kicked off a unit refresh (we selected "Membership Data" which checked ALL of the boxes) at 6:30am on Sunday and I just checked now (a full day + some hours after the refresh) and the online Member List is still wrong (members are missing).

I'll check MLS on my way home from work, but it seems that we're going to have to re-request some records.

Thanks for your help!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

nathangg wrote:We kicked off a unit refresh (we selected "Membership Data" which checked ALL of the boxes) at 6:30am on Sunday and I just checked now (a full day + some hours after the refresh) and the online Member List is still wrong (members are missing).

I'll check MLS on my way home from work, but it seems that we're going to have to re-request some records.

The unit refresh will have absolutely no effect on the online member list, so that's not surprising. What the refresh does is makes sure that your MLS data matches CHQ records. Then you can move records in or out as needed. But until MLS accurately matches what CHQ has, you have some risk of making changes in MLS that don't make sense (e.g., requesting a record that CHQ thinks you already have, or moving out a record that CHQ thinks you don't have).

So it would be good for you to check MLS first. Do a Send/Receive and you should get a lot of data coming down as the refresh occurs. Then see what MLS has for those problematic records, and you'll know if you need to re-request those records.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”