Web not syncing with MLS

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
nathancook1

Web not syncing with MLS

Post by nathancook1 »

I removed an individual from the Stake High Council from MLS several months ago. In MLS it shows this individual is no longer in the list of High Council. On the online directory (and the LDS tools mobile app) this individual shows up twice (showing we have 14 members of the Stake high Council). I have tried re-adding him to the high council then removing him in MLS and that is what caused him to appear twice online. Is there any way I can remove him from the website?

Also, I am able to make changes to any other person or calling and it syncs just fine. The problem is isolated to this single individual.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Follow the instructions for Correcting duplicate or missing callings. That will fix it.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
nathancook1

Post by nathancook1 »

aebrown wrote:Follow the instructions for Correcting duplicate or missing callings. That will fix it.

Thank you that worked.
JayBalisi

Post by JayBalisi »

this also happen in our stake, i already tried the unit refresh data, after send and receive still the the member of our high council before who was then moved to other stake appears in high council organization in LUWS. Also there is a double entry in the name. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jaybalisi wrote:this also happen in our stake, i already tried the unit refresh data, after send and receive still the the member of our high council before who was then moved to other stake appears in high council organization in LUWS. Also there is a double entry in the name. Any help is highly appreciated.
From your reference to LUWS it appears you are talking about the classic directory. If that is the case, the positions there are manually updated by a web administrator and are not connected to MLS. A web administrator for the classic LUWS is not the same as one designated through MLS. Typically classic LUWS administrators are members of the bishopric and the clerk.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
JayBalisi

Post by JayBalisi »

jdlessley wrote:From your reference to LUWS it appears you are talking about the classic directory. If that is the case, the positions there are manually updated by a web administrator and are not connected to MLS. A web administrator for the classic LUWS is not the same as one designated through MLS. Typically classic LUWS administrators are members of the bishopric and the clerk.

Thanks for all this helpful info, I already tried to contact the Area MSR regarding this. It fixed the prob.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”