Missing Unmap & Hide Location Features

Beta testing of maps.lds.org
ggconrad

Missing Unmap & Hide Location Features

Post by ggconrad »

In the previous version, I was able to unmap a location on the map if the ward didn't have a current, accurate location for a member. This would happen either because prior information turned out to be false (and we didn't know the correct address) or because a member had moved to a different spot in or out of the ward boundaries (and we hadn't been given the new address). Also, in the previous version, there was an optional checkbox inside the "Edit Household" dialog box that read "Do not show this household in ward & stake maps". This feature proved quite useful if a member was agreeable to having their address listed in the Directory, but had concerns about their home location being shown on a general map of the ward or stake. In such a circumstance having this option to check or uncheck was preferable to just "unmapping" the location because it allowed the bishop and other ward leaders to easily view the member's location on a map while also blocking (regular) members of the ward from viewing their information. I cannot find either of these two features on the Beta Version. I highly suggest adding these features to the new system. If they are there somewhere, I would ask that you would both let me know how where these features are located in the system and move these to a more obvious place.
erinbourgeous
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by erinbourgeous »

ggconrad wrote:In the previous version, I was able to unmap a location on the map if the ward didn't have a current, accurate location for a member.
This feature is still available. In the household details window, click edit, in the status drop-down menu you should see the option to set the household location to 'unknown'. Select unknown and click submit. This will unmap a household from LDS Maps.
ggconrad wrote:Also, in the previous version, there was an optional checkbox inside the "Edit Household" dialog box that read "Do not show this household in ward & stake maps.

To simplify user privacy settings, we are creating one privacy settings page that will work across all the lds tools (maps, directory, etc). You'll be able to use this to hide households on maps except to ward leaders. Until that feature is available, you will still have to use the older version of maps to set the privacy of household locations.

Thanks for the feedback!
Erin Bourgeous
Quality Assurance Engineer, LDS Church

Return to “Beta Maps”