Ver 2.0.6 double booking bug?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dshep2020

Ver 2.0.6 double booking bug?

Post by dshep2020 »

I am a building scheduler and have admin rights on a couple of the stake calendars. I had a bit of panic today when scheduling a reoccurring event on our stake calendar. I knew the event would conflict with a previously entered event scheduled in the chapel for later in the year. Couldn't remember the specific Sunday it would conflict, so I thought I would just note it when the calendar checked for conflict.

To my surprise, it allowed the reoccurring event to schedule! It did give me a warning, which I noted, but it did indeed DOUBLE BOOK the chapel on one date of the reoccurring schedule. I navigated to the date, verified that the two events were at the same location and same room. Indeed it had been double booked!

This was a standard room (chapel) in a FM provided location (our stake center). This was an event that double booked a location/room. It was not a reservation which I know had been an issue in the past for building schedulers. Is this a new issue? Can anyone duplicate this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've tried, but I'm unable to duplicate the problem. It gives me a red (hard) conflict when I try to do that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
dobrichelovek

Post by dobrichelovek »

We also have a recurring event that has double-booked one resource. It was scheduled within the last two days and reserved the cultural hall on one evening each week. The event it stepped on was a single instance that has set up and clean up time scheduled and includes the cultural hall among the multiple resources that are scheduled. I did not schedule it but have notified the owner to plan for something else that night. It is currently still double booked. Would any more information help the debug effort?
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

I can't reproduce any double booking, but I don't have a lot of time to look at it right now (working on getting another calendar release ready to fix two other bugs, and updating the lesson scheduler beta).

If anyone can find a specific scenario that can cause double-booking every time, I'll try to get the fix into the patch-fix release we are working on right now.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I tried using a Standard room, in a standard location, using a repeating event and someone who has building scheduler rights. I even tried having "soft" conflicts before the hard one. One thing I didn't try is to "overflow" the system with soft conflicts before the hard one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

dshepher wrote:I am a building scheduler and have admin rights on a couple of the stake calendars. I had a bit of panic today when scheduling a reoccurring event on our stake calendar. I knew the event would conflict with a previously entered event scheduled in the chapel for later in the year. Couldn't remember the specific Sunday it would conflict, so I thought I would just note it when the calendar checked for conflict.
I'm probably totally wrong in this, but could it be that as a building scheduler these permissions override a normal event creation scenario? Just another possible way of looking at the problem encountered.
dobrichelovek

Post by dobrichelovek »

In our case it was the YM President who added the repeating event that conflicted and he does not have building scheduler permissions.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

Man...this is a tricky one. I can replicate the issue on my specific one event that was scheduled back in 2011 for 2012 and the new recurring event that I just created.

If I delete my recurring event and create it again and it double books over the old single event.

If I create a new single event with the same location/room and then create a recurring event for the same room, I get the expected conflict messages which won't let the recurring event save. It may be something odd with that single event. Perhaps a carryover of some old calendar revision. I have tried to recreate it with other reservations, but can't find the scenario that reproduces the double booking.

Jcdr256, do you want info on that older event to check it out? Or chalk it up to a corner case oddity?
craiggsmith

Post by craiggsmith »

I had one double-booking issue as well; when I deleted it and recreated it exactly as before it wouldn't let me do it though. Mine was also the situation where only some of the rooms overlapped.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

dshepher wrote:Jcdr256, do you want info on that older event to check it out? Or chalk it up to a corner case oddity?

Couldn't hurt to have the event ID. It's in the URL when viewing the detail screen for the specific event.

Return to “Calendar”