Calendar Synch Problem - All or Nothing?

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
mbsteed

Calendar Synch Problem - All or Nothing?

Post by mbsteed »

When I Synch my lds.org calendar with iCal, it synchs everything not just the lds.org calendars I am subscribed to. This overwhelms my personal calendar with unrelated calendar events I have no interest in. Have others had this same issue?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mbsteed wrote:When I Synch my lds.org calendar with iCal, it synchs everything not just the lds.org calendars I am subscribed to.

Where are you selecting your subscription? It's not on the main page by unchecking the boxes. That only affects that display.

You have to go to Settings > Subscriptions to make the settings that affect the sync. Note that by default, you only see the ward calendars. You have to look under "All" to be certain of what you are or are not subscribed to.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mbsteed

Post by mbsteed »

Perfect! Problem solved.
bschroader

Post by bschroader »

Something odd going on here, but after initiating a sync from LDS Tools on the iPhone, I'm getting no calendar updates for the year 2012 whatsoever in the LDS Tools calendar.

Anyone else experiencing this?
jficklin

I also have problem with LDS Tools not downloading calendar changes.

Post by jficklin »

Yes, same problem for me. Nothing new on the calendars is showing up in LDS Tools for a long time. I can see the items in the calendar on my account at LDS.org, the events are showing up on my Google calendar which is synced to my calendar on LDS.org, but no new calendar events ever appear in LDS Tools even though I synchronize (download) my LDS Tools. Directories seem to be OK, although for some time changes in leadership didn't appear... but they seem to be downloading, now.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”