Finding membership

Discuss basic duties of stake and ward clerks, including where to begin.
jrawlin

Finding membership

Post by jrawlin »

I have a couple in our Ward that winter in Southern Utah and spend the summers in the mountains nearby. I have sent there records to SLC and the returned them to her daughter who is in our Ward.The daughter said keep them in our Ward. Worried they are not getting the fellowship they need what can I do with there records?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Do you have an address? How long will they be out of the ward? IIRC, the records should be moved if they will be out longer than 3 months.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote: IIRC, the records should be moved if they will be out longer than 3 months.

Yes, Handbook 1, section 13.6.4 says that records should be moved when a member moves out of the ward for more than three months. So if they spend 6 months in the south and 6 in the north, then the records will get moved back and forth. But that's the policy, and there's good reason for that -- it makes sure that the records are where the people are so that they can better feel the fellowship of the ward.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Getting Started for New Clerks”