Disappearing reservations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
donaldlyoung

Disappearing reservations

Post by donaldlyoung »

All of the building reservations I have entered for the year 2012 have disappeared. How do I recover that information? I get an "error on page" message when I attempt to enter new reservations and am unable to proceed with entry of that new information. At this point in time I am unimpressed with the building schedule program. Thankfully, I maintain a hand-written copy for use.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

With the new bugs introduced by the release of 2.0.6, I went and checked our reservations. They still seem to be there.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

donaldyoung, can you send me your header information in a PM?

1. Log in to the calendar.
2. Change the url to https://www.lds.org/header
3. Copy the resulting page and paste it into a PM
LesleyAnn

reservation page issue

Post by LesleyAnn »

When I log in to 'view reservations' I get the little circle at the bottom that indicates it is trying to load but after several minutes it has still not loaded/does not show reservations. The cirlce just keeps going and going. It has been happening for the last 2 days. Any explanation for this? Or help to resolve?
thank you!
LesleyAnn

Disappearing Reservations

Post by LesleyAnn »

I am trying to follow your directions to fix this problem; #3 says to 'copy the resulting page and paste it into a PM' Please forgive my ignorance...what is a PM?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

PM is short for Private Message(?) and is accessed by clicking on the posters avatar (name), there the page is set out like an email client!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lesleyann wrote:I am trying to follow your directions to fix this problem; #3 says to 'copy the resulting page and paste it into a PM' Please forgive my ignorance...what is a PM?
A "PM" is a Private Message that you can send through this forum. It's sort of like an email in that only you and the recipient will see it.

An easy way to send a PM is to click on the user's name in a post (notice how it is orange to indicate that it is a link). One of the options that pops up will be "Private Message".
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lesueur926

Post by lesueur926 »

donaldlyoung wrote:All of the building reservations I have entered for the year 2012 have disappeared. How do I recover that information? I get an "error on page" message when I attempt to enter new reservations and am unable to proceed with entry of that new information. At this point in time I am unimpressed with the building schedule program. Thankfully, I maintain a hand-written copy for use.

I am having the same problem. I don't have any backup (I know, my problem) so I have no idea what to tell someone who wants to schedule the building for a baptism this Saturday. I sent a PM per the instructions to donaldlyoung. Is there anything else I can send you.

Is there a way for you to access my reservation calendar today and somehow send me what is on there - at least for this month? Also, how would you suggest backing up the Reservations calendar? I could synch it with a google calendaar on my computer, but I believe the synche is only one direction.

I am a little panicked right now!!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

If you switch to "week view" on the calendar you can see all the events scheduled for a location - including reservations.

I noticed that it appears that you are using "Reservations" to book a room for an event. That's a bad practice that could lead to double-booking. Only an event reliably blocks off a room to prevent anyone else from scheduling that location.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
LesleyAnn

Post by LesleyAnn »

RussellHltn wrote:If you switch to "week view" on the calendar you can see all the events scheduled for a location - including reservations.

I noticed that it appears that you are using "Reservations" to book a room for an event. That's a bad practice that could lead to double-booking. Only an event reliably blocks off a room to prevent anyone else from scheduling that location.

I tried to go to week view, still nothing shows up! Help!

Return to “Calendar”