Ward Mission Leader can't print ward list

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
kenseymour

Ward Mission Leader can't print ward list

Post by kenseymour »

I can't print a ward list. I am able to open the PDF file and then click on the print icon within the PDF file but then nothing happens. My printer will print anything else I ask it to print but not a ward list.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kenseymour wrote:I can't print a ward list. I am able to open the PDF file and then click on the print icon within the PDF file but then nothing happens. My printer will print anything else I ask it to print but not a ward list.
Have you tried saving the PDF to some folder on your hard drive, and then printing it from there? I wonder if it's possible that you are low on available memory when you try to print from your browser.

[Moderator note: I moved this thread from the General Discussions subforum, since it seems to deal with the Directory.]
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

kenseymour wrote:I can't print a ward list. I am able to open the PDF file and then click on the print icon within the PDF file but then nothing happens. My printer will print anything else I ask it to print but not a ward list.
What browser and operating system are you using? I find that my results vary with the browser that I use. With IE8 and Chrome I have no problems. It only takes a few seconds to get the formatted directory and it prints fine.

When using Firefox 10.0. I have had problems with the "Open PDF" button on the PDF Print Preview pop-up. When I click it I get "Generating PDF" information box for a few seconds, it goes away, and nothing happens. But when I click the "Save PDF" button I get the Firefox "Opening printedDirectory.pdf" popup within a few seconds. I can print the formatted directory from within Acrobat Reader.

If it is not browser related then as aebrown noted there may be memory issues or your installed version of Acrobat Reader needs to be updated or reinstalled.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”