connecting directory to my gmail account

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
williacy1

connecting directory to my gmail account

Post by williacy1 »

I knew how to do this one time before, I need to be able to e mail from lds.org but my gmail account will only come up but not directly into the compose part of the e mail. Please help me.
williacy1
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

williacy1 wrote:I knew how to do this one time before, I need to be able to e mail from lds.org but my gmail account will only come up but not directly into the compose part of the e mail. Please help me.

Follow the instructions for Making Gmail your default mail application.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
williacy1

Post by williacy1 »

well, that did not do what I wanted. Whenever I click in the ward directory onto someone's e mail address, it use to just go to my outlook and I had some help to change the default but I do not think it is complete. Reason, it goes to the gmail account however, it does not automatically open the compose part. So I am loosing the e mail address somewhere because it is not going to the place where you would compose your letter. Automatically putting the address in the proper field.

I really think that I am truly being challenged today. I have tried to follow the directions, however, the gear icon will not pull anything down, so I guess I will need someone to come in and help me. Thanks.
rbeede

Post by rbeede »

I had a similar problem with 64-bit Windows 7. I installed Gmail Notifier and told it to make gmail my default. That solved it and opened the Compose window whenever I clicked on an e-mail.
colingardner

Post by colingardner »

Dear...Connecting Diectory to G-mail account:

I will tell you how I do, I've done this several times, on my "Archos Tablet:"

step 1: Reply to tread..or be on the page that you want someone else to view.
step 2: click on options for that page.
step 3: click on "Share Page"
step 4: Then your mail options will show on the screen..I have G-mail and Juno.
step 5: Then your selected E-mail screen will show up withe the "citation" when anyone clicking on will appear next on the screen.

2nd method:
step 1: Be on the page that you want others to see, click on "Bookmarkg
step 2: Save that Bookmark...& "copy the Bookmark as you see it...character by character.
step 3: Copy that "citation" into the "body" of your G-mail program
step 4: Test the copied citation by "clicking on it ...When this is true go to step 5.
step 5: Send e-mail to the intented person.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”