Enhancement request; allow highlighting of chapter text

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
david.north

Enhancement request; allow highlighting of chapter text

Post by david.north »

It would be great to allow highlighting of chapter headings. This would allow study notes for the entire chapter. For example, highlight CHAPTER 2 of 2 Nephi. Allow entering note text with highligts.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

In order to allow annotations to sync between mobile device content and LDS.org, each section of content must contain a unique identifier called a URI. When the content was created on LDS.org most content was given URI's but there were some exceptions, such as chapter headings, chapter summaries, bulleted lists and some other miscelaneous content. The mobile library content requires the same URI's in order to be able to sync the annotoations to the correct spots in other mobile devices and on LDS.org. We couldn't assign URI's to content that didn't already have them in other platforms.

Because of the missing URI's in some content, that content cannot be highlighted or have notes associated with it. We are aware that this is a problem and have the mobile and LDS.org content teams working on a strategy to resolve the problem. Due to the scope of the change to fix all of the content though, the solution will not be simple and will require a lot of coordination to make it work.

So though we are working on the issue, we are not sure when we will be able to implement a fix. We ask for your patience as we determine how to best resolve the issue without causing futher disruption.
Jason Hyer
david.north

Post by david.north »

Jason,

Thanks for such a detailed response. I love using Gospel Library on my Android devices. I can appreciate the work that has gone into both the content and the application.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”