Problems printing multiple calendar months

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
wdjlmb

Problems printing multiple calendar months

Post by wdjlmb »

Brethren,
I am attempting to print off my ward calendar from the web site and the only one that will come up in the print calendar dialog box is the current month. I need to print the calendars so I can keep the announcements current in my Sunday Sacrament programs. If I choose a different month to view it will not show up in the print dialog box and therefore will not print. How can I correct this issue?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

In the Print dialog box, there is a row labeled "Month" which has two radio buttons: "Current" (the default) and "From". If you select the "From" radio button you can select the starting and ending month using the two dropdowns to the right of that. Then you can print or download the month(s) you've selected.

At least that's how it's supposed to work, and how it used to work -- I've done this many times. Before I submitted this post, I actually tried it, and the PDF that is generated when I download any range of months is always an invalid 0-byte PDF file. So it appears there is a problem now; perhaps it was caused by the recent 2.0.6 upgrade.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Admin note: Thread moved from General Discussions and bumped to come to the attention of the developers.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bfreund

Same Problem...

Post by bfreund »

I'm having the same problem. The PDF file is 0 bytes and it won't send it to the printer either. It looks like it tries to generate a "print preview" on the fly from which it prints and it is only successful in generating the current month. Any changes to the settings and there's a broken image link. I just wanted to add my vote to finding a solution so I could get updates to this thread.

Thanks!
wonko

Add another to the list.

Post by wonko »

I have tried this on both Mac and Win XP. I also have tried IE Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari. All have the same issue.

So long as the only month you are printing is the current one, all is well. If you wish to include any other months, it comes up an empty document.

Guessing these won't be out for Ward Council in the morning, but I still need to get this working as soon as possible.
tnash

Cannot print any month but the current month

Post by tnash »

I can only print the current month's calendar. It doesn't matter which radial button I choose (see previous post) or which month I want, it won't allow me to print.

Do we really have to wait until the first of March to print the March calendar? Please fix this bug ASAP. Our stake requires us to use this new calendaring program, but it's got a lot of bugs. Very frustrating.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

tnash wrote:I can only print the current month's calendar. It doesn't matter which radial button I choose (see previous post) or which month I want, it won't allow me to print.

Yes, and as you have read, this is currently the way it works. It was a recently introduced bug that I would guess will be fixed soon.
tnash wrote:Do we really have to wait until the first of March to print the March calendar? Please fix this bug ASAP. Our stake requires us to use this new calendaring program, but it's got a lot of bugs. Very frustrating.
The developers are aware of this problem, and they have been very responsive in addressing problems. So I'd recommend that you exercise some patience and charity, and it will be fixed soon enough.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

I've been able to verify this issue in our test environment and we are are working on a fix.
wonko

Post by wonko »

it is much appreciated.
dstorry

Post by dstorry »

I am sure we all look forward to the problem getting fixed and will le the developers work on it

Return to “Calendar”