E-mail Broadcast

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
lmacara

E-mail Broadcast

Post by lmacara »

Hi - is there a way to do an general e-mail broadcast with the new calendar/directory?
Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lmacara wrote:Hi - is there a way to do an general e-mail broadcast with the new calendar/directory?

The calendar only has the ability to send emails related to specific events, and those will only go to subscribers of the calendar the event is on, and then only to those subscribers who have chosen to receive notifications for that calendar. So it's certainly not a general-purpose email broadcast. Only calendar editors and administrators can send these emails.

The directory has a section called "Ward Organizations" which has a group called "Adults" (as well as a variety of specific organizations). Each group has a link allowing you to send an email to all members of that organization. So you can easily send an email to all adults in the ward. Any member can do this.

Leaders and clerks have an additional feature under Leader and Clerk Resources to "Send a Message"; depending on the calling of the person, they can send emails to various leader groups or possibly all members of the ward or stake.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kkjonesfam

Email Broadcast Not Working

Post by kkjonesfam »

The Clerk Resources does have the "Send a Message" link, but when clicked, it does not work.
Screen shot 2012-03-02 at 11.53.26 AM.png
Screen shot 2012-03-02 at 11.53.26 AM.png (12.82 KiB) Viewed 319 times
Why might this not be working? I have gone back to it ever since November, and it has never worked.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kkjonesfam wrote:The Clerk Resources does have the "Send a Message" link, but when clicked, it does not work.

Why might this not be working? I have gone back to it ever since November, and it has never worked.

I don't know. It works fine for me, and from other posts here, it works fine for lots of other people.

You might try clearing your browser's cache, and/or trying a different browser, or a different computer.

Another possibility is that it is some sort of permissions error. That would be odd, since you can get into Clerk Resources.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”