Can I duplicate a class?

Beta Lesson Schedules Website feedback
gregwanderson

Can I duplicate a class?

Post by gregwanderson »

Our lesson schedules are the same for Elders, High Priests and Relief Society. The only difference would be the instructors. But can I duplicate the entire year's lesson schedule if I've already set up, say, the Elders schedule. Suppose I just leave the instructor field blank (because they might not have made those assignments yet anyway). It seems like that would save a lot of time on my end.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

mrrad wrote:Our lesson schedules are the same for Elders, High Priests and Relief Society.

In our stake, the first first Sunday of the month is "President's choice" where the quorum/auxiliary president gets to pick the topic. So in our case, it's mostly the same.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

Practically speaking, what's posted on the lesson schedule is still exactly the same thing. While it's possible to be more specific in this new system, it probably won't happen too often. I get the idea in our priesthood meetings that the president usually chooses the lesson just a few days in advance and doesn't tell anyone else about it before the meeting anyway.

Even if we posted details of each-and-every week, it would be nice to start with a duplicate of the initial priesthood/relief society schedule and then customize after that... rather than manually adding everything three times.
jedsmith13

What about Templates?

Post by jedsmith13 »

For Young Men, Young Women, Sunday School, and Primary in our ward each group has basically the same schedule (Primary has lots of different books but there are multiples of each book).

Another thought is that the first Sunday being the Presidency's choice, the 2nd and 3rd Sundays being from Teachings of the Prophets, the 4th Sunday being Teaching for our times (Talks from the latest General Conference), and 5th Sunday is Bishop's choice is the part of general curriculum as outlined by the church. There is also a basic curriculum for units where the general curriculum is not practical.

Since these are curriculum guidelines it seems like it might make sense to have a template system of some sort which matches those guidelines. If you had somewhere to select if the unit/class was following the general guidelines or the basic guidelines or guidelines created by the stake, ward, or organization or use another class as a template. You could then have it auto-fill the class from the template when the class is created. This could help with auto-generating classes and duplicating them. I would not suggest calling it a template system though, since from my experience most people get scared when they hear the word template maybe calling it something like a sample class.

Return to “Beta Lesson Schedules”