Unable to schedule a room since V 2.0.6 upgrade

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
rwach

Unable to schedule a room since V 2.0.6 upgrade

Post by rwach »

I am unable to schedule a room for an event in one of our buildings. All I see is the endless rotating thinking symbol.
I wonder if it is related to today's 2.0.6 upgrade as I schedule events with rooms for our stake regularly as I am the Stake Asst Sec and the Building scheduler for all buildings in our Stake. I did not have this issue a few days ago.

I was able by trial and error to deduce the following:
1. I can schedule an event without a room without any issue
2. I can schedule an event with a room in all of buildings except for our stake center. Very odd.
3. Thinking that I may have a mysterious conflict with another event in the conflict building (stake center), I tried to schedule an event with a room on Monday December 24th when there are absolutely no other events scheduled (verified in week view). It still gave me the endless rotating thinking symbol.
4. I also tried to schedule different rooms to no avail.
5. I verified this issue using Chrome, Firefox and IE.
6. I verified this issue with a different login (my wife's).
7. I verified the issue on a different workstation.

The only common thread is today's update and one building in our group of four.
Scratching head about now.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

rwach wrote:Thinking that I may have a mysterious conflict with another event in the conflict building (stake center), I tried to schedule an event with a room on Monday December 24th when there are absolutely no other events scheduled (verified in week view).

How about a conflict with a Reservation? I know they showed up in the prior version, but I'm just wondering.

Edit: Nevermind. I did a quick test and I'm seeing the same thing. No events at the location, no reservations at that location, but I can't "book" a room at the stake center. But another ward building is OK.

BTW, I happen to be set as the Building Scheduler for that stake center.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rwach

Post by rwach »

It never gets to the potential conflict screen. Just shows the endless thinking circle.
I ruled out a conflict with an existing reservation when I tried to schedule a room on the empty reservation day of 12/24/12.

I also get the endless thinking circle when I try to modify (add more to the event description) to an existing reservation,that I made weeks ago, in the conflict building (stake center).

This is very odd that this room scheduling issue is only manifested in only one of our buildings.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:I did a quick test and I'm seeing the same thing. No events at the location, no reservations at that location, but I can't "book" a room at the stake center. But another ward building is OK.

BTW, I happen to be set as the Building Scheduler for that stake center.

I did a quick test and had no problems scheduling an event at any building. It doesn't matter whether I am a building scheduler or not, or whether I am in month or week view. All events I tried to schedule worked fine.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

I'm a stake and ward administrator and I had no trouble adding/deleting an event.
I tried this on the stake and ward calendar levels.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
nalenel

Also experiencing same issue

Post by nalenel »

I'm the Stake Center scheduler in my stake, and was able to schedule one booking last night around 7:30pm (with a designated room and times), but when I tried to book another event (immediately following) with room and times, it shows the constant thinking symbol. I wondered if it was my browser that was causing the problem, so I tried in Firefox, Explorer, Chrome and Sarari, but with the same results.

If I do not choose a location or rooms, it DOES work. So basically, I can add an event, but not any of the necessary details to avoid conflict bookings.

Very frustrating... this on the heels of last weeks' issue of not being able to book due to imaginary conflicts.

N
Attachments
Constant_Spin_Sample.docx
(367 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
rwach

Post by rwach »

A good nights rest did not help - same issue this morning. However, I did find another interesting twist. I can create an event at the stake center on the wide open day of 12/24/12 in certain rooms - otherwise I get the endless thinking circle when I choose the chapel or other rooms.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Why do you guys find the hard bugs... ;)

I can't find a scenario where I can reproduce this bug, but if some of you who do have the problem can PM me your header information (along with the name of the building causing the problem), I can try to reproduce it using your calendar data. To get your header info:

1. Log in to the calendar.
2. Change your url to https://www.lds.org/header
3. Copy the results and send it to me in a PM
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Ooh, here's another thought. If you can create events in some rooms, but not others, is the difference that one room is a custom room, and the other is a default room?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdcr256 wrote:Ooh, here's another thought. If you can create events in some rooms, but not others, is the difference that one room is a custom room, and the other is a default room?
Bingo!

As soon as I tried this with a custom room, I was able to reproduce the eternal spinner every time. When I schedule the chapel or some other default room, it works just fine. So I think that is indeed the key factor with this problem.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”