Meeting House Locator as an iPhone App

bbuyack

Meeting House Locator as an iPhone App

Post by bbuyack »

Has anyone considered turning the meeting house locator into an iPhone APP tool? There have been many times in my church duties where I'm talking to a non-member, a member who is moving, or even when i've been traveling myself that it would be extremely handy to have the meeting house locator as a quick app.
dreamriverdesign

Post by dreamriverdesign »

Oh, I would love this! I do it online and it does not do the trick. On my iPhone, it is so hard to get it to list the ward I want information on. PLEASE make this happen!
bbuyack

Post by bbuyack »

I think the value here would be for missionaries, ward missionaries, bishops and ward clerks, among others. Frequently when you interface with non-members or members who are moving, visiting etc., it's nice to be able to tell them what the ward is, where it's located and meeting times. This also gives you contact info for leaders very quickly. I don't bother trying to do this on the web app on the iPhone such as Safari... Instead i get their phone # and tell them i'll have to call them back when i can get to my PC and do the search. This would let me do it on the fly. I could also see the value of this when traveling, and you want to find a meeting house without pulling out the laptop. Hopefully someone is listening up there, and we're not just talking to ourselves on this thread. :)
Brucejay

Great Idea

Post by Brucejay »

I think this would be a great idea. All the tools available from LDS.org should be converted to run on mobile devices. It would be nice if at least lds.org had a mobile friendly version of the site also. I am not sure where to start to be able to try to develop such applications. I am not even sure if I could. But if someone could, it would be great.
boisern

Post by boisern »

I would love this, too. Especially if we could access "meetinghouse" information (phone, address, wards meeting there) for our stake...and if we could link "maps" to each address (both meetinghouses and family addresses) that would be GREAT!
SNRote

Post by SNRote »

Great idea. I'm sure with the amount of talent we have in our wards someone could make this happen. I often serve as the contact person within our ward who helps those who are relocating. Not always to I get a chance to reconnect with the non-member or moving member. I have helped hired moving services, find houses for rent, etc. Being able to connect them to another ward QUICKLY would be ideal.
craigm1

Post by craigm1 »

I've noticed an increasing number of members with iOS & Android phones/tablets so I think this is definitely an app that would be very useful and one that should most definitely be added to the growing number of LDS apps already published.
craigm1

Post by craigm1 »

bbuyack wrote:There have been many times in my church duties where I'm talking to a non-member ........ it would be extremely handy to have the meeting house locator as a quick app.

+1
hiltonc

Post by hiltonc »

Well, there is the LDS Ward Finder app for iOS. It's an unofficial app (paid), but it works well.

Return to “Mobile Applications”