Classes disappear after logout

Beta Lesson Schedules Website feedback
marianomarini

Classes disappear after logout

Post by marianomarini »

I gave it a little ride.
I was able to insert a class but to view the detail on the summary screen.
Most of all. Wich is the mean for the Active checkbox?
After logout and login the class disappear!

Italy, Vicenza Branch schedule.
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).
gregwanderson

Post by gregwanderson »

Same issue. First I tried using an iPad (version 1) using its version of Safari. The I tried on a regular Mac using its version of Safari. When I logged back in, the "events" I created (for General Conference and Stake conference) were still available but everything else was lost.

Beyond that, once I add a class I can't see anything else. When I "check to view lessons" I just get the spinning exclamation points forever... nothing else.

It's a good chance to see the framework of what the interface will look like but, for me, nothing really works yet.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

Obviously is a beta test. So go ahead!
La vita è una lezione interminabile di umiltà (Anonimo).
Life is a endless lesson of humility (Anonimous).
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

I'm looking into this problem, but can't repeat it in our test environment (and I'm not an admin in prod, so...). I'll let you know when we've updated the code for the beta and you can let me know if you still see the same problem.
howardmay

Post by howardmay »

I also have the same problem

Also if I try to edit a class after I create it none of the details show.

I tested this in firefox and IE8.

If I create a class in IE8, stay logged in and then log into firefox, I do not see any of the classes I created listed
sharonlower

Post by sharonlower »

Ward website admin and its blank for me... just says "Lesson Schedules"
Is there a problem for me?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

sharonlower wrote:Ward website admin and its blank for me... just says "Lesson Schedules"
Is there a problem for me?
The documentation says nothing about ward website administrators having any administrative access to this site; it mentions only "bishoprics, clerks, and secretaries." That might be a reasonable enhancement to request, but at this point it appears that your lack of access is according to design.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
sharonlower

Post by sharonlower »

Thanks for the response. It is almost impossible to get members to sign into the new.lds.org
let alone expect teachers to get online to map out their "lesson schedule" since most
ward and stake website admins have been doing this for the last 7 years.
Programing the Wards to become "Admins" is something I know won't caught on well
and again, takes away any priveledges "Admins" have had for years. Do you think really teachers are going online
to map out their weekly lessons when they probably spend only 2 if not 1 day to prepare ahead? think again
Bad mistake If clerks can do it they why not ward admins? how can we be added on?

P.S. With 11 wards and Bishops and Members and Stake Presidency asking me about
2012 lesson which now I find out I can not do unless I type it in each week on the calendar
Husband being ward clerk said: "No way" "no time"
mtwerner

Post by mtwerner »

I agree that it's tough to get the wards to do this. I'm a stake clerk and for several years went onto each ward site and entered the stake conferences and general conferences plus the first few Gospel Doctrine lessons, then asked the wards to fill in the rest of the lessons. It never happened and I always ended up doing it myself. Nowadays I just do it all myself and don't bother them. However, I do get requests occasionally from the wards about being able to enter the Teachings for Our Time lesson topics that they determine (which they can't currently do), so perhaps there is a ray of hope.

Return to “Beta Lesson Schedules”