Highlight Scriptures

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
spiritbeing

Highlight Scriptures

Post by spiritbeing »

When I sign in and select scripture verses no popup toolbar appears in order for me to highlight those verses. I can't find anyway to highlight my scriptures.

When I go into an Ensign magazine and select text the popup toolbar shows up. Why isn't it working that same way with scriptures? I can't highlight any scriptures for some strange reason.

I'm running Firefox 4.0. I tried running Firefox with no addons and still no luck yet it works with the Ensign magazine.

I've tried IE 9.0 and the same problem. Is it my browsers or something else?

Any ideas?
spiritbeing

Post by spiritbeing »

I think I stumbled on the solution to my problem. When I select text I start ever so slightly TO THE LEFT of the verse number (it seems a hairline before the number) and then drag, it selects everything but does not highlight the text in yellow. However, when I start my selection right on TOP of the number or even to the right of it and drag, it highlights everything in yellow. Apparently if you start the selections slightly outside (even a hairline) to the left of the verse number, it will not highlight anything. It will be selected but not highlighted. The selection is very, very sensitive.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

The cursor needs to change to an i-beam before it highlights correctly.
SorensonMi
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by SorensonMi »

We have discovered a couple of bugs with the highlighting of scriptures. We hope to have all of these will be resolved in the next few weeks.

Thanks
Mindie - Lds.org Dev Lead
dsesplin

Post by dsesplin »

Have all of the issues been fixed with highlighting? I am having trouble highlighting the BofM Gospel Doctrine Teacher's manual. It will only highlight in paragraphs that are not numbered or bulleted.
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

...also having problems highlighting. I sign in to bookmark pages, wait for the I beam, and start to drag the mouse. In the bottom left corner "Done" appears before I start dragging, but once I drag the mouse, it changes to "Error on page". It doesn't seem to matter which verses, which chapter or which book of the scriptures.

This did work for me the first couple of days I started marking scriptures, but now it is not.

Any ideas?
andyhair
Church Employee
Church Employee

Study Notebook help

Post by andyhair »

MichaelFish, I can't reproduce the problem, it seems to be working fine on my end. I tried Chrome and Firefox.

Dsesplin, we are aware of this issue of bullet and numbered lists not highlighting. It is on our list of things to address in coming weeks.

Andrew Hair
lds.org
michaelfish

Post by michaelfish »

You're right...I tried it and now it works. Go figure.
jwbean

Highlight not working on iPad

Post by jwbean »

I've not been to get the highlight feature to work on my iPad. Ivan see the highlights I created on my PC but I'm not able to add new highlights.
jwbean

Post by jwbean »

Looks like I solved my own problem: I need to use the Gospel Library app for iPad instead of my Internet browser and then I'm able to properly place highlights and notes in my notebook.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”