Not all high councilmen show up on ldstools...an answer

Any discussions around the Member Tools App on various mobile and electronic devices
colingardner

Not all high councilmen show up on ldstools...an answer

Post by colingardner »

Since ward/memberehip clerks have to input each calling under a official ward oganization for it to show up on ldstools.....this could be true also for the stake (clerk) as well. For the ward...each calling posting should begin with the orgnization name; High Priest! Instructor, Primary Teacher - Nursery,
R/S Visiting Teacher Coordinator, Ward - Full Time Missionary

Colin.... Bountiful, UT
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

One reason "Not all high councilmen show up on ldstools" is that there is no such thing a a "high councilman" -- the correct term has been "high councilor" for decades now.

But on a more serious note, I'm not sure what you are talking about, or what post you are answering (I'm guessing that you included "an answer" in your post title because you are responding to someone, or some well-known issue). LDS Tools will show the stake leadership when you select the stake unit, and that will include the high councilors (assuming that a stake clerk entered them correctly in Stake MLS).

And the callings that are chosen should be standard callings; the example callings you listed seem to be custom callings, since they don't match the standard calling names (those that in MLS have a star by the calling name in the selection lists). Don't try to use custom callings to implement your own vision of what the calling names should be -- always use standard (built-in) callings whenever possible.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

I think Colin refers to this thread which discusses a possible solution for getting custom callings to show up in LDS Tools.

All callings entered as standard callings in MLS show up in LDS Tools. According to the other thread, if a custom calling begins with the name of an organization, it will also show up.

I have not tested this and do not know if it really works for custom callings. I do know that if the stake enters a high councilor as a standard calling in MLS, it shows in LDS Tools.

Perhaps the confusion is, once again, the difference between a standard calling and a custom calling in MLS.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:I think Colin refers to this thread which discusses a possible solution for getting custom callings to show up in LDS Tools.

All callings entered as standard callings in MLS show up in LDS Tools. According to the other thread, if a custom calling begins with the name of an organization, it will also show up.

The only post in that other thread that makes this claim was posted by the same user (colingardner). So this thread does not corroborate that idea.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Member Tools”