Directory 1.7 - "Data not available"

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Directory 1.7 - "Data not available"

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not sure why, but with the addition of "Ward Organizations" I'm getting a number of them with "Sorry, data is temporarily not available for this application. Please try again later."

But it's a consistent error with certain organizations, and works fine on others. It suggests to me a data problem, not a "server busy" issue. (In my case, for my ward it's: Priests, Mia Maids, and Adults).

But on another ward, it's fine.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

No problems in my ward. Maybe Firebug would give some clues.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Likewise, no problems here. May be a local issue.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

I get that problem in the Missionary section of the new directory, but not in the Ward Organizations section.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

It could be that data specific to your stake is causing the errors. If the error always happens in the same place, and happens every time, then this is likely. If you send me some additional info, I may be able to find the problem and get it fixed in a future release.

1. Log in to the directory
2. Change your URL to https://lds.org/header
3. Copy the contents of that page and send it to me in a PM (please don't post it in a public thread).
4. Also include any additional info - for example, if the error occurs for a specific ward within your stake - a step by step of how to see the problem is best.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

jdcr256, it's been awhile, but I finally got around to sending you a message regarding this error! I guess I thought it might fix itself after awhile. :) Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Since I started the thread, to bring everyone up to date. The problem was only with one ward. I've identified a family that's the likely cause as they have a family member in each of the affected organizations. What's interesting is that the family didn't show up in either the classic LUWS or the new Directory.

Since then, the problem has fixed itself. I suspect the root cause is the records were requested from Hong Kong. So MLS had a "placeholder", but the records hadn't arrived yet.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
AileneRHerrick

Post by AileneRHerrick »

Russell, glad the situation remedied itself in your situation! :D That's what I was hoping would happen with mine.

I'm still having problems in the missionary section.
AileneRHerrick

Bump!

Post by AileneRHerrick »

Bump! I'm still having problems in the missionary section of the website. Can anyone help me with this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Did you follow the instruction in post #5?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”