www.ldsjobs.org content in mp3 file ?

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
davidmarmolejo

www.ldsjobs.org content in mp3 file ?

Post by davidmarmolejo »

I posted something similar on the general discussion, but
that page was lots of material and it would be hard getting it all
in order to make the mp3's I really need that material in mp3 form
the creators of the page maybe i would be easier becuase they
know the correct order , I think i can be done easy if you know the complete order and just, put it in to a text to speach program .and separete the mp3 and there you have it
becuase we have scriptures,lihonas etc etc why not that content?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

The problem I see with turning the ldsjobs.org content into speech is that it is very dynamic content. Text to speech programs do a reasonable job, but they are not perfect. For people who have no other option (e.g., blind people), there are screen readers that can do the text to speech conversion for almost any web page. If you really need this material in audio form, I would recommend that you research screen reader software -- I really doubt that the Church would make special efforts to make this dynamic content available in audio format.

The scriptures, on the other hand, are quite static, and so the Church can have professional readers record that content, which produces a much better result than a text to speech program can produce. The Church magazines come out with new editions each month, but they are then static as well, and can be professionally read and recorded. So those are quite different issues from they dynamic content on ldsjobs.org.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
davidmarmolejo

Post by davidmarmolejo »

I use this ohttp://www.cross-plus-a.com/es/balabolka.htmne and does a very very good job ( with the free added voices)and its Free ! I use it for
spanish but has other leguajes. and its a super excelent tool.
My vision its not perfect so i need Does tools and i kwno that million
others need that to.
I wish atleast it would be in one PDf File all in order so i could convert it
have tried to before but its a big big job to get it all in the right order

I have read many many times the lds content and it would be of great great help for me if it was on audio.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”