Location showing up on **Event** calendar that's not part of Locations & Rooms

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jangerbauer

Location showing up on **Event** calendar that's not part of Locations & Rooms

Post by jangerbauer »

Hi, I don't believe I'm creating an already discussed forum topic -- if so, my apologies.

I am ward / stake website administrator, and am trying to resolve an issue of a "rogue" location showing up on the event calendar location.

Currently, when I try to create an event, in the location dropdown, I not only see my location (with my ward), but also an additional location that not only does not belong to my location, but is not part of any of the locations in the Stake under Locations and Rooms.

To further clarify, I only have this problem with events -- no issues with reservations.

Hopefully this makes sense. Let me know if I can provide any additional detail.

Thanks,

Jaren
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It's possible that someone in another stake has added your unit to one of their locations. That will cause you to see it when scheduling, but not in any of your stake's locations.

Reservations only applies to building schedulers (which is set by location, not by unit).

I'd suggest contacting the Agent Stake of the "rouge" location to clear it up.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jangerbauer

Post by jangerbauer »

RussellHltn wrote:It's possible that someone in another stake has added your unit to one of their locations. That will cause you to see it when scheduling, but not in any of your stake's locations.
I'd suggest contacting the Agent Stake of the "rouge" location to clear it up.

Sorry -- forgot some important points on this. This "rogue" location is actually a building in my stake. That said -- and this is really the heart of the issue -- the location that shows up in the calendar event location dropdown is different from the same building that is set up in "Locations and Rooms". I have this building / location labeled as "WardX" in "Locations and Rooms", whereas in the event dropdown, it only shows up as a street address. Essentially, it appears I have the same location showing up with two different labels however I can only see one of them in my Bulidings and Rooms menu.

Let me know if that helps clarify. I'd really like to get this resolved. Not that this forum isn't helpful, but I almost think this is a scenario where talking through it with someone over the phone (or in person) would make more sense. Any thoughts? (I'm in SLC).

Thanks,

Jaren
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest calling Local Unit Support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jangerbauer

Post by jangerbauer »

RussellHltn wrote:I'd suggest calling Local Unit Support.

I actually tried that route already, and they pointed me back here. Per the representative I talked to, since they haven't had any training on the changes on LDS.org, they cannot provide any support for it. To that end -- I'm kind of stuck, and I need more answers on this. I appreciate the visibility so far, but this is not solving the current dilemma I'm in, and I can't move forward on setting up my buildings until this is resolved. Again, any additional assistance would be appreciated. Maybe someone at FM services might be able to help out....?

--Jaren
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jangerbauer wrote:Maybe someone at FM services might be able to help out....?

The best they could do is verify that the building is set up correctly in their database.

Question: Does the location that does show up in the "Locations" tab have a delete icon? If so, then it's there because someone created it.

Was that building controlled by another stake in the past? FM may not have updated their database causing the system to think the other stake is the agent stake. Since they've added your stake, you can see it for scheduling, but have no control over it.

jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Can you do the following:

- Go to https://www.lds.org/header
- Copy the resulting information and send it to me in a private message?
jangerbauer

Post by jangerbauer »

RussellHltn wrote: Question: Does the location that does show up in the "Locations" tab have a delete icon? If so, then it's there because someone created it.
It does, and I've deleted all of the units under that specific building. However the "rogue" location still shows up under events.
RussellHltn wrote:Was that building controlled by another stake in the past? FM may not have updated their database causing the system to think the other stake is the agent stake. Since they've added your stake, you can see it for scheduling, but have no control over it.
I'm not aware that the building was under any other stake. Again -- this is not a case of a rogue building **out of the stake** showing up. It's just showing up with a different label (i.e. address only -- not name of ward) and the heart of the issue that I can't delete it. Let me know if that makes sense.

--Jaren
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Sorry it took a few days to find the time, but I've tracked down this issue for you. It looks like someone in the Holladay YSA Stake has created a custom location for this building and added the wards in your stake to the building. This is why it shows up for you to schedule events in.

What should have happened is for your stake, the agent stake for the building, to add the singles ward to the building. You have done this correctly, and so it should work for them. You will need to contact a stake admin for the YSA stake to have them remove the custom location they have created.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdcr256 wrote:You will need to contact a stake admin for the YSA stake to have them remove the custom location they have created.

Not just remove your stake from the building, but to transfer all their events to the proper building and delete that location to prevent double-booking.

Return to “Calendar”