Meeting House Library Resources

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
jgrotegut

Meeting House Library Resources

Post by jgrotegut »

With a big push recently for members to use the meeting house library materials for FHE and other teachings I think it would be very helpful if there was an "app" (iOS, Android, etc.) as well as possibly a web page for members to "browse" what resources are available to use from the meeting house library. Perhaps they would even be able to "reserve" items using the app or web page.

These would need to be specific to the meeting house they attend, it could possibly include the meeting houses in their stake if one meeting house doesn't have a particular item and another does, it would include a title and description and perhaps keywords, for searching, for each item. I also seeing this application having the ability to specify if something is loaned out or not. An expected date that it will be returned, even a "waiting-list" for items.

Cataloging all the available items (and format) would be a time consuming process, however, I feel like this would be very beneficial for members to be able to better understand what is available for them to check-out. It would also help with tracking (admin portion can have information as to who checked out the material with contact information, if needed).

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”