Household icons

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zaneclark

Household icons

Post by zaneclark »

The ex sec came to me today with a map he wanted to update for FO collection. The legend at the bottom said it was from the lds beta maps site, maybe about 2 year ago, but the household icons look a little different and they each had a number on the icon.
I have tried to replicate this on the current map site without success.... Anyone know where this map could have originated?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:The ex sec came to me today with a map he wanted to update for FO collection. The legend at the bottom said it was from the lds beta maps site, maybe about 2 year ago, but the household icons look a little different and they each had a number on the icon.
I have tried to replicate this on the current map site without success.... Anyone know where this map could have originated?
This is a feature of the current LDS Maps:
  1. Go to maps.lds.org
  2. Sign in with your LDS Account
  3. Go to the "My Stake & Ward" tab
  4. Hover over the menu at the bottom of the map area (it will appear when you move your mouse down to that area)
  5. Click on the print icon (its hover text is "Open print friendly version in a new window")
  6. You may need to play with the Display Options to get what you want, but the first checkbox under Display Options is labeled "Map numbers (map and list)" -- that should give you what you describe.
  7. The first page will be the map, with numbered icons; the second page (and more if needed) will list the households, with a number by each household that corresponds to their numbered icon.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Yes! That's it! Thank you! And once again aebrown, is there anyway we could entice you to move to Las Vegas? I don't know how old you are, but we have a great retirement community here in Sun City....
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:Yes! That's it! Thank you! And once again aebrown, is there anyway we could entice you to move to Las Vegas? I don't know how old you are, but we have a great retirement community here in Sun City....
I'm feeling older each year, but I'm not quite ready for retirement :). But thanks for the invitation!
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”