CDOL 3.0 Upgrade this weekend; no changes will be made to CDOL until Monday morning

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
aebrown
Community Administrator

CDOL 3.0 Upgrade this weekend; no changes will be made to CDOL until Monday morning

Post by aebrown »

I just found out that starting tomorrow morning at 7:00am MST, a major CDOL upgrade will take place. From that time until the upgrade is complete (anticipated for sometime on Monday morning, January 30), CDOL will be in read only mode. That means:
[INDENT][font=&quot]"The CDOL files sent from MLS containing member calling information will not be processed until the upgrade is complete. Only CDOL processing will be affected; regular MLS membership and financial file transmissions will be processed as normal by other Church systems. [/font]"
[/INDENT]

So we have been used to making changes to callings in MLS, and seeing them appear in CDOL (and thus in the Directory on lds.org) almost immediately. But that won't be happening until Monday. That also means that stake MLS will not receive calling changes made in wards, or vice versa, until the upgrade is complete.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

If you're interested in what's coming, the wiki now has the Release Notes and Known Issues for CDOL 3.0.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

As usual, you beat me too it. :) I was planning on posting this info in the morning.

One of the nice features of this release is that most of the changes from MLS will not require the manual review process, so when we turn the processing back on Monday any of the bishopric counselor, ward clerk and executive secretary positions should be visible immediately.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

On additional follow up point to this is that the nightly synchronization process from CDOL to other systems will not be turned on Monday night. If everything goes well it will be turned on Tuesday. That means some systems won't see the changes until Wednesday (most notably the authorization rights for lds.org). The applications that show immediate updates will still be immediate (like the directory).
jeffnye

Post by jeffnye »

JonesRK wrote:That means some systems won't see the changes until Wednesday (most notably the authorization rights for lds.org).
Is this now working as intended? Last Sunday we made changes to the Ward Clerk and two Assistant Ward Clerks and none of those changes have even shown up in CDOL.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jeffnye wrote:Is this now working as intended? Last Sunday we made changes to the Ward Clerk and two Assistant Ward Clerks and none of those changes have even shown up in CDOL.
Some of the changes made in MLS over the weekend were not planned to be processed until Tuesday, but by the end of that day they should have been done. You posted more than 24 hours after that, so I would have thought your callings would have been processed.

I just checked an example from our stake where I know there was a new YW presidency entered into MLS on Sunday, and indeed, they show up in CDOL with a 29 Jan 2012 active date. However, they did show that they were processed by "cdol-mls" at 8:31pm on 31 Jan 2012. That shows that MLS updates were still being processed late on Tuesday evening, so perhaps the processing is taking longer than expected.

If I were you, I'd wait another day just to be sure the new system has had time to process the backlog of requests. Then if a calling has still not shown up you might try making some little change to the calling in MLS (e.g., change the Set Apart flag, save, change it back, save) then transmit your changes and see if they appear in CDOL.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jeffnye wrote:Is this now working as intended? Last Sunday we made changes to the Ward Clerk and two Assistant Ward Clerks and none of those changes have even shown up in CDOL.
All the changes from MLS are processed (as of Tuesday night (Jan 31)). I looked at yours and they are there, they just have a pending status which is why you can't see them. Now I have to dig in and find out why they didn't go to active immediately, since the dates look good.
jeffnye

Post by jeffnye »

JonesRK wrote:All the changes from MLS are processed (as of Tuesday night (Jan 31)). I looked at yours and they are there, they just have a pending status which is why you can't see them. Now I have to dig in and find out why they didn't go to active immediately, since the dates look good.

Just an update: I went to the church today to work on financial issues and noticed the positions we had updated before were all cleared out in MLS. There were no clerks listed. I re-added the 3 clerks and did a send/receive and as of now CDOL has updated properly. Now I am just waiting on access to lds.org/leaders.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jeffnye wrote:Just an update: I went to the church today to work on financial issues and noticed the positions we had updated before were all cleared out in MLS. There were no clerks listed. I re-added the 3 clerks and did a send/receive and as of now CDOL has updated properly. Now I am just waiting on access to lds.org/leaders.
There have been some issues with the process that pulls data from CDOL and distributes it to other systems (including the authentication system). When that is working you will get access to lds.org/leaders.
jeffnye

Post by jeffnye »

JonesRK wrote:There have been some issues with the process that pulls data from CDOL and distributes it to other systems (including the authentication system). When that is working you will get access to lds.org/leaders.
Good news: I have access to lds.org/leaders.

Bad news: All of the clerks are listed as part of the Branch Presidency (the finance clerk and membership clerk listed twice) and the Bishop, his counselors, and the Executive Secretary are listed under the Bishopric with no clerks.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”