Membership records for soon-to-be missionary.

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
aclawson

Membership records for soon-to-be missionary.

Post by aclawson »

There is a sister in our ward who has received her mission call, set to depart in May. She is currently attending the YSA ward in our stake and is living at home with her parents. (As an aside her missionary account has been created by SLC and is in the YSA ward's finance records.)

At what point should her membership record be returned to the home ward?

(On an unrelatedly related note, this marks the third missionary simultaneously serving from the same family - I don't know if that is a record but is certainly unusual.)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I'd say it's up to the bishops in question. I'd move it when she leaves.

Note that if the account has been created in your ward, then SLC considers your ward is responsible. Assuming that it's the family who will be supporting her, I'd start the process of Transferring missionary funding to another ward immediately.

Note that moving her membership record will NOT transfer the funding.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

RussellHltn wrote: Note that if the account has been created in your ward, then SLC considers your ward is responsible. Assuming that it's the family who will be supporting her, I'd start the process of Transferring missionary funding to another ward immediately.
Note that moving her membership record will NOT transfer the funding.

Ooooo... this information falls into the somewhat useful category and probably wouldn't have come up. I'll email the bishops tonight and make them aware. Thanks!

Return to “Membership Help”