Bank Deposit Slips - On the computer

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
khancey-p40

Bank Deposit Slips - On the computer

Post by khancey-p40 »

Now that we do not have printed Church Deposit Slips that were hand printed, and we have the information within the Tithing program, that a deposit slip could be created from that data within the MLS system.

I developed a deposit slip that matched the old one in a Excell that has all the balancing etc., but it is still a separate issue.

This would save time and add another assurance that all balances.
PartridgeRM
Community Moderators

Post by PartridgeRM »

Can you upload your Excel form as an example for us?
khancey-p40

MLS Deposit Slips

Post by khancey-p40 »

Hello

I can if I could figure how to attach it to the message.

I am a first time user of this system.

Clicking on the "Insert Image" icon leads to a URL address and I am only familiar with file names in attaachments in the email process.

Clear this lack of knowledge on my part and I will send it to you.
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

khancey wrote:Hello

I can if I could figure how to attach it to the message.

I am a first time user of this system.

Clicking on the "Insert Image" icon leads to a URL address and I am only familiar with file names in attaachments in the email process.

Clear this lack of knowledge on my part and I will send it to you.
When you reply to this message, it takes you down to the Quick Reply section. Next hit "Go Advanced." From there you have more options; look for the Manage Attachments button underneath the area where you can type in your post text.

Let us know if you need further help. Good luck.
khancey-p40

deposit slips

Post by khancey-p40 »

Attachment xls tithing slip.
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

I think you were not able to attach, as the message had no attachments.
- David
leimana-p40
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by leimana-p40 »

khancey wrote:Now that we do not have printed Church Deposit Slips that were hand printed, and we have the information within the Tithing program, that a deposit slip could be created from that data within the MLS system.

I developed a deposit slip that matched the old one in a Excell that has all the balancing etc., but it is still a separate issue.

This would save time and add another assurance that all balances.
It is imperative that you use the deposit slips that are sent out from Church Headquarters. The reason why it's so important is because the magnetic printing cannot be reproduce by any ordinary printer. Also, the deposit serial number listed on the deposit slips helps headquarters identify which unit made the deposit.
JoshuaK-p40

Post by JoshuaK-p40 »

If you are talking about the Deposit Report from MLS that you print when you do the Sunday batch the Bank copy is suppose to be included with the deposit along with the deposit slip from the bank. If you don't include the bank deposit slip then the deposit may not get posted to the right account at the bank. I found this out the hard way. I didn't use the deposit slips that headquarters sent to our unit and our deposit didn't get posted right. So my Bishop received a letter from headquarters that we didn't make the deposit. It was a big mess. So I would recommend that you make sure to use the deposit slips either from the local bank or the ones that church headquarters send out.
Skyhawk-p40

Post by Skyhawk-p40 »

leimana wrote:It is imperative that you use the deposit slips that are sent out from Church Headquarters. The reason why it's so important is because the magnetic printing cannot be reproduce by any ordinary printer. Also, the deposit serial number listed on the deposit slips helps headquarters identify which unit made the deposit.
Absolutely. Leimana is correct - deposit slips must be ordered through Church HQ. I have asked this same question before, and that's the answer I got. Call up HQ, and they will direct you to a voicemail box to leave a message. They sent them right out to me.
khancey-p40

Post by khancey-p40 »

Thank you

I will pursue this through my stake clerk.

K L Hancey
Pukete Ward, Hamilton, New Zealand

Return to “Local Unit Finance”