Seeing calendars for YSA wards

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
WoodburyM

Seeing calendars for YSA wards

Post by WoodburyM »

I am the stake clerk in a Logan Utah YSA stake. We have 8 wards sharing a single building (the ONLY building in the stake). With 8 wards sharing a single building, the ability to see the other ward calendars is crucial! When we look at the "Available Locations," spot on our page, we only we Locations (no Available) without the little check box I see in the tutorial. Additionally, I, as stake clerk, can only see 4 of the 8 ward calendars. Any idea why that would be the case?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: I moved this topic to a new thread, since it wasn't really related to the original thread Building scheduler can't see other wards calendars in an event.]
woodburym wrote:I am the stake clerk in a Logan Utah YSA stake. We have 8 wards sharing a single building (the ONLY building in the stake). With 8 wards sharing a single building, the ability to see the other ward calendars is crucial! When we look at the "Available Locations," spot on our page, we only we Locations (no Available) without the little check box I see in the tutorial.
That sounds like you are in Month view. The Available Locations section (with the checkboxes) only appears in Week view.

When you look in Week view and check the box by your building, you will be able to see all the events scheduled for that building, regardless of which unit scheduled them.
woodburym wrote:Additionally, I, as stake clerk, can only see 4 of the 8 ward calendars. Any idea why that would be the case?

I'm surprised that you can see any of the ward calendars (most people can only see calendars for their own ward and the stake), but things are different in the YSA world, with so many leaders having "out of unit" callings. I wonder if those wards might have added you as an out of unit member and thus leader. But that's just a wild guess.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
WoodburyM

Post by WoodburyM »

Yep, we were in month view. Thanks so much for your help! This will be a great help to our units!

Return to “Calendar”