Chapel reservation conflicting with Cultural hall

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
edparker

Chapel reservation conflicting with Cultural hall

Post by edparker »

I try to book a reservation for the Chapel and it comes back with conflicts that are all Cultural Hall reservations. Is this suppose to flag conflicts in adjacent rooms?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

It will advise you of "possible" conflicts, but I don't think it will stop you. Are you sure none of the events in question also have the chapel?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Well! I just tried it myself. It wouldn't let me create separate events for the chapel and cultural hall.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
kd7mha

Post by kd7mha »

these are potential or "soft" conflicts
if you wanted to schedule the chapel for a stake youth fireside but ward "A" is having a priesthood fireside in the priesthood room at the same time is isn't a location conflict but now the YM in ward "A" would have 2 events that they are invited to at the same time, by showing these soft conflicts it allows you to see potential conflicts of interest
There are 11 types of people. Those who understand Gray Code and those that don't.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kd7mha wrote:these are potential or "soft" conflicts

Nope. "Hard". I'm not sure if this is new with the new release or not.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

This is a huge problem, and is definitely a new problem with the 2.0.6 release. Any attempt to schedule an event that uses a room at a location where there is already an event scheduled at that location at that same time will result in a hard conflict that prevents the saving of the event. This happens even if the new event is using entirely different rooms from the existing event.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
rwach

Post by rwach »

Yes I can confirm with aebrown the issue he describes. I tried to change a room on an older event and it gave me a hard conflict that should not be. I have others in the stake calling me tonight asking what is up as I am the stake building scheduler and they are getting hard conflicts that should not be. Hopefully this is fixed soon or it will be a long weekend.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

I have communicated this issue to some contacts on the development team. I'm guessing this will get a lot of attention tomorrow.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kyleq

Post by kyleq »

aebrown wrote:I have communicated this issue to some contacts on the development team. I'm guessing this will get a lot of attention tomorrow.

Thank you for pointing this issue out to us. We're working on it right now.
rwach

Post by rwach »

I can confirm that today's roll back fixed this issue.

Return to “Calendar”