Why don't we have a ldsjobs sub forum? with some tools like ...

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
davidmarmolejo

Post by davidmarmolejo »

where we can practice some ofthe tools of the page with video Conferances

and where can we all suggest.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

We create subforums when there seems to be enough activity to justify it. As near as I can tell, there are only about 6-8 threads dealing with ldsjobs started each year over the last couple of years. The Other Web Sites forum seems appropriate for discussions regarding ldsjobs. If we start to have significantly more activity on this topic, we can certainly consider adding a new subforum.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
davidmarmolejo

Post by davidmarmolejo »

I think there shoul be one for testing maybe if they see it they will be more participation
maybe test it for atleas some days.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

davidmarmolejo wrote:I think there shoul be one for testing maybe if they see it they will be more participation
maybe test it for atleas some days.
Thank you for the suggestion. However we do not normally create forums just to test to see if there is enough discussions to warrant it. Rather we create forums when there is significant discussions from threads on a topic area. As aebrown posted, when there are enough threads the moderators and administrators will discuss it. The forum has changed several times in the past few years to accommodate the diversification that has naturally evolved from the growing needs of the community and the technologies the Church employs or supports.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
davidmarmolejo

Post by davidmarmolejo »

Where i live we don't have a employment program, we used to have it ,but not anymore i was head of it at one point you have to practice a lot and get feed back. have tried getting that on my ward
but no luck, theres no place were i can have feeback i wished atleast there where a place
on the internet where we could get feedback, best would Video Conferencing.
lagreen08

Post by lagreen08 »

#davidmarmolejo
I can think of a possible use for LDSJobs - using it as a learning resource for job seekers and a source of ideas for ward leaders. Both topics are covered via numerous articles on the website (www.ldsjobs.org). The website has content in English, Spanish and Portuguese. There are articles to help job seekers and good suggestions for ward leaders on organizing locally for employment needs.

Most all of that content can be seen without signing in.

You also mentioned feedback. If I understand you correctly you and I agree that a job seeker is greatly blessed with feedback. When a job seeker signs in and begins working on his/her profile he may welcome feedback by printing his profile and asking for a review by ward leaders.

It has been a good tool for me in my ward. I am a quorum leader and it has helped me work with a few members and offer them helpful feedback. While working with someone we eventually realized we had expertise within a few other members who could offer more relevant feedback. It has been helpful to me in my calling.

Good luck.

I hope my remark adds to the dialogue about LDSJobs and serves of value to others on this thread. There are some issues / features I would like to see changed. Maybe this is a forum that can add to the development teams ideas and feedback.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”