Mechanics of Online Report of Administrative Action

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mlh78

Mechanics of Online Report of Administrative Action

Post by mlh78 »

A bishop in our stake asks whether he can submit a Report of Administrative Action via leader tools. Because I am a stake clerk, I can't see this feature, so I am a little bit in the dark. But it appears that he cannot forward the report to the stake president for his review without first attaching the notification letter given to the member. The rub is that the bishop won't create and send the notification letter until after the stake president reviews the report and directs him to do so. Does this mean that he needs to give a hard copy of the report to the stake president, and then after being directed to notify the member, send an electronic version back to the stake president via leader tools? Any advice?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I'm not sure how this works for your stake, it doesn't sound typical, a Bishop's Disciplinary Council has directions in the handbook, but I don't see anything in there about a Stake President approving a letter sent to a member with the results of the council's decisions. But if your Stake President needs more to do :) I guess that is one way to accomplish that goal. The online system is setup as you have indicated... it works well in our stake because we don't review that letter prior to submitting the action. If that is the process, then it seems an email validation is in order prior to submitting online which makes the process less efficient.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

JohnShaw wrote:I'm not sure how this works for your stake, it doesn't sound typical, a Bishop's Disciplinary Council has directions in the handbook, but I don't see anything in there about a Stake President approving a letter sent to a member with the results of the council's decisions. But if your Stake President needs more to do :) I guess that is one way to accomplish that goal. The online system is setup as you have indicated... it works well in our stake because we don't review that letter prior to submitting the action. If that is the process, then it seems an email validation is in order prior to submitting online which makes the process less efficient.

An Administrative action is used for a name removal, not a disciplinary council. There is indeed a letter that is sent to the person who made the request and the Stake President has to approve it. Unfortunately, I don't have any information on how it's supposed to work online and as a clerk I can't see that section online either.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

my bad... i got those mixed up

Return to “Membership Help”